Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Matte Carbon Fiber Dashboard Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive had mine for almost a year and a half and it has not lifted, and I have yet to hear of anyone’s lifting. If you want to spend 3-4x the money for nothing that’s your prerogative.

Bulk? It was insanely thin. No you can’t see the wood underneath at all. You are coming up with crazy stuff to justify the high price you paid.

Yes Sir, absolutely my prerogative. I am happy you are happy with your more affordable option, but it's still a cover.

Tim

Not RPM, but I had a matte CF dash sitting and waiting for my car to arrive. It was the second thing I installed (tint/ppf was first). It flows well with the rear spoiler!

1620059862076.png

The real carbon fiber caps from abstract ocean and rpm are 450+; as in they are nearly the same price as replacing the whole dash.

mid yours real CF? If so, where did you get it?

TOPlight Model 3 Model Y Real Carbon Fiber Dashbo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZH3YLV...abc_EPAGMVAJ829VM93K3M4M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It’s out of stock right now. I can confirm it was real carbon fiber.

Price history.

Reactions: f308gt4
Looks great, but seems some reviews express the concerns I’ve heard about caps. I’m very glad yours worked out, but price of my admission for the replacement feels justified to avoid any of the headaches or anxiety that the cap would lift off at a later date (heard this issue with caps when humidity and temp has changed).

That said, I’m please md it worked out for you.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Ive got the topflight carbon fiber cap linked above, and so far so good. My car is garaged and tinted, which probably helps, as it doesnt get a ton of sunlight/heat during the day.

The actual replacement from RPM looks pretty good. How was dealing with RPM? Ive heard some not so great things about them in the forums. Its what kept me away when I was looking for various upgrades for my car.

RPM was very professional and communicated very well with me. I had no issues whatsoever. 100% would use them again. Even emailed to asks about my core refund (I tracked it and saw it was delivered to them late in the day so I asked about the refund) and got a reply in 12hrs saying they had just got it the day prior and refund would be processed within 24hrs.

It was...
So A+ on communication and turn around.

I heard they had issues during Covid; but so did everyone else. From my experience they were top notch.

RPM was very professional and communicated very well with me. I had no issues whatsoever. 100% would use them again. Even emailed to asks about my core refund (I tracked it and saw it was delivered to them late in the day so I asked about the refund) and got a reply in 12hrs saying they had just got it the day prior and refund would be processed within 24hrs.

It was...
So A+ on communication and turn around.

I heard they had issues during Covid; but so did everyone else. From my experience they were top notch.

+1

Ive had mine for almost a year and a half and it has not lifted, and I have yet to hear of anyone’s lifting. If you want to spend 3-4x the money for nothing that’s your prerogative.

Bulk? It was insanely thin. No you can’t see the wood underneath at all. You are coming up with crazy stuff to justify the high price you paid.
Share some photos, I am interested in seeing this perfect cap.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Kimmi
I have been looking for something similar to this, but have heard terrible things about RPM and their customer service.. Their reviews are pushing me away, as I am not going to wait months for this to arrive.
I actually ordered and installed this product from RPM. Some observations to share with everyone.
1. Order placed on August 11. Item arrived on Sept 7. So, about 4 weeks.
2. The replacement dash was well packed/protected for shipment.
3. After thoroughly inspecting the product on my work table, I found the quality/finish/look of the carbon fiber and entire replacement dash to be pretty much perfect. I’m ultra OCD about the fine details & fitment. So, I would probably reject something that is acceptable to 95% of the population. In fact, when I placed my order, I exchanged some text messages with Mark (the owner of RPM) to request they take a little more time and care when selecting and building my replacement dash, so everything looks perfect. RPM did not disappoint in the area.
4. Unfortunately, when I installed their replacement dash, the fitment was not good on my particular vehicle. Some areas just did not line-up/fit properly. Attached are a few photos showing fitment of my OEM wood dash versus the RPM one. I’m pretty good/handy with tinkering (taking things apart and putting the pieces back together properly). So, 100% positive I positioned & installed RPM’s dashboard correctly.
5. For whatever reason, this particular replacement dash simply did not fit my vehicle. It’s really too bad, because I absolutely loved the overall look of RPM’s carbon fiber dashboard. I just couldn’t live with the less than perfect final fitment.
6. I exchanged some emails with RPM customer service and we both decided it would be best for me to simply return the product for a full refund (because if they built/shipped me another dash, that second dash would likely have the same fitment issues as this first one). So, I used their supplied prepaid return label and shipped the item back to RPM.
7. No major complaints about RPM’s customer service. They were fairy responsive (took two days to get back to me when I initially contacted them to advise of a fitment problem). However, I do wish they would have someone to answer phones for voice calls. Sometimes, things are a bit too complicated to explain by email or text. So, a voice call would make things so much easier in those situations.
8. Too bad no other retailer/seller offers a full carbon fiber replacement dash like RPM. Moving forward, I have ordered a small roll of the 3M 2080 carbon fiber vinyl and will do a custom cut/wrap/install on my wood dash.

37062E64-7A3E-4FC3-9418-444672295B1B.jpeg

0773CD6C-CBB5-4AF9-8066-85AE7AD0E49C.jpeg

2476C59A-94C1-45AD-AE8A-E1B450814258.jpeg

8834CE4B-34C3-4D18-964C-A48F01F8E9BF.jpeg

Last edited: