Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Weatherstrip Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed it but only recently. After watching the video, I found that if I put a little extra tension on the silicon tubing at the corners in order to “shrink” the diameter, I could get it to slip just slightly under the corner. It seems to hold well so far.

I had the kit for model 3. Don’t waste your time. Even if you get it in, it won’t stay long term. When new it’s nice and grippy. Over time (just a few months) dust and washing dry it out and you just slide a sponge over it and it will roll out. Or it will work its way under corners and look a mess. Or after trip you’ll see it popped out and has been whipping your car. It looks good and might help wind 1% when all fresh and new, but it won’t stay that way.

I had the kit for model 3. Don’t waste your time. Even if you get it in, it won’t stay long term. When new it’s nice and grippy. Over time (just a few months) dust and washing dry it out and you just slide a sponge over it and it will roll out. Or it will work its way under corners and look a mess. Or after trip you’ll see it popped out and has been whipping your car. It looks good and might help wind 1% when all fresh and new, but it won’t stay that way.
Thank you! It didn't even grip in the front windshield groove so I will be returning it.