Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rubber Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35” tires for this thing are going to run ~$450 a pop. Trying to launch a sub 3 second 0-60 and braking as fast on mudders, while moronic on its face, will drum up quite an impressive tire expense.

What are the chances we see something more like a 265-75-16 Falken Wildpeak or Cooper AT as OEM?

This variable makes or breaks the entire truck, for me. Any truck, not just CT.

35” tires for this thing are going to run ~$450 a pop. Trying to launch a sub 3 second 0-60 and braking as fast on mudders, while moronic on its face, will drum up quite an impressive tire expense.

What are the chances we see something more like a 265-75-16 Falken Wildpeak or Cooper AT as OEM?

This variable makes or breaks the entire truck, for me. Any truck, not just CT.

265/75/16 is smaller than 32 in diameter. That size will look tiny on CT.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
265/75/16 is smaller than 32 in diameter. That size will look tiny on CT.

Possibru. Seems like we could use some photochop expertise to see how the various sizes might look.

Aesthetics aside, i still can’t see a 35” mud tire doing anything that [safely] resembles ‘performance’ that matches a porsche 911, as is currently claimed. But what do i know? This dude builds rockets...

My guess is that the "mudders" will be an option and an AT or all season tire will be standard. I see the Cybertruck being closer in size to a 3/4 ton vs a 1/2. Look to see what a F-250 comes stock with

Back when trucks were still trucks, and not bloated 4x4 Cadillacs for soccer dads; 16” was what nearly every heavy duty truck shipped from the factory with. Not that those hooked up any better when the diesels had to put power down in a hurry...

2C1F653C-E6AC-4D86-9B25-4BD6F0F858D6.png

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Hopefully the stock tire size is something not too exotic. It should not be a pure off-road mudder as has been mentioned, nor should it be a "performance" tire. Hopefully the standard package is a reasonable all-season highway truck tire. Offer the all-terrain tires as an option.

Ford selected some low profile "performance" tires on the 2016 Explorer Sport my wife bought here in MN. They were really only a summer tire, not all-season at all. They were not marked as such, but they were truly dangerous in any temp lower than about 45 degrees (kind of forced us to buy a set of dedicated snow tires for the vehicle). In looking to replace the performance tires, it was somewhat annoying to be limited in tire selection by the large rims which were setup for low-profile performance tires.

Reactions: lottadot
20" or 22" rims will probably be standard with a tire size like LT325/60R20 which are just over 35" tall. Load range D or E has to be standard with the load capacity in the vault, and that will have a really stiff sidewall. A set of 4 BFG KO2's in the size I pulled up will run ~$1500.00.

• Informative
Reactions: lottadot
20" or 22" rims will probably be standard with a tire size like LT325/60R20 which are just over 35" tall. Load range D or E has to be standard with the load capacity in the vault, and that will have a really stiff sidewall. A set of 4 BFG KO2's in the size I pulled up will run ~$1500.00.

I had K02s on my F350- fantastic tires and snow approved. Also towed great with decent mileage.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
As much as Tesla likes stupid huge wheels I’m saying no way it will come with or fit <20” rim. Although the thought of an 17” with 35’s sounds awesome. As per KO2s they are terrible in the winter anywhere but the banana belt, the hard rubber compound only gets more useless the colder it gets. I ran them in the summer for my off road wheel set up for 4 years on my 200 series land cruiser on 17” rock warriors. a few years ago we had an early snow dump/freeze and I almost couldn’t get home. I’ll also mention I run studded Nokian’s on 18” tundra wheels in the winter which are awesome. Last summer I switched My 17”off road set up to the Falken wild-peak At3 which is a much better tire in every condition but a little louder on the highway. Last thing I’ll say is I have a 3rd set of wheels I run most of the summer when towing a camper, Michelin defender LTX and honestly unless you really off road hard it’s plenty so that type would be the optimal OEM tire for the CT.

You want to make sure it can run Blizzaks here in MN in the winter. Largest Light Truck Blizzak size i can find is LT275/65R20. 34" diam, So it would be nice if stock rims were not larger than 20".

Those lower profile 275/60R20s are typically put on 9" or 9.5" wide rims. A LT265/70R18 on a narrower 7" rim would be a better choice in my mind for on-road snow. Less floaty and cut through better to the pavement.

Reactions: coleAK
Not a snowballs chance in hell of the wheels being proper small offroad beadlocker type things. This will have to have massive brakes, Tesla so far has not allowed small performance wheels on Performance rated packages. Have to go to the aftermarket to get smaller, lighter, frankly significantly better wheels which fit larger BBKs etc.