Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ruined my brand new M3 dash

smartypnz

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2013
Monterey Peninsula
I think if you do research, you may be able to find a long haired pink shag rug (used). Cut to form of the 'fake' paneling. No one will ever notice your boo boo.

Blue Express

Sep 27, 2019
Long Island, NY
I just picked up the car less than a week ago. I did something really stupid and have ruined an otherwise happy experience in my life. I tried to put a dash mount phone holder with suction and sticky bottom. It wasn't in a good spot so I decided to remove it and try it in another area. To my horror not only had I left a permanent mark and discoloration but also deformed that part of the dash due to the suction pressure. I don't know if it's color transfer or removed some finishing off the dash. I tried to use water to get it off and it seems pretty permanent. I am pretty upset at myself and don't know what to do. If there is anybody who has managed to fix this or might have suggestions, I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I will live with it and one day have it replaced which right now is too cost prohibitive for me
You can buy a dashboard cover mat to cover it if it brothers you.

RedPM318

Feb 6, 2021
Garden Grove, CA
Use a light mixture of IPA and warm water that should help remove the stain, then go over it with a microfiber cloth with some leather protection. Do this a couple times spread out over a few weeks. Let us know if this works

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC