Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st April original rumour vs 1st May in-car display date: I’m going to be optimistic and assume my car’s Premium is being paid for my Leaseplan on a monthly basis - hence it is good until the 1st May now after the first monthly payment. I’ll know how correct that is if/when it rolls over to the 1st of June.

Let’s hope they have bigger fish to fry than lease cars. Think about all the things we really need. Integrating Twitter. Cold weather improvements. Adding more games. Maybe they’ll forget about this one for another year. Chalk it up for 2023.5.1.3

I've had a Model 3 Performance through OctopusEV / Tusker since October 2019 and neither of them seemed to know about this when I contacted them today. Tusker told me that 'car ownership should have passed to me within 48 hours of collecting the car' and that it should therefore be accessible via my tesla.com account (definitely not the case!) and when I said it was not they told me to contact Tesla directly. Tesla initially said that Tusker should be sorting it out but ended up by saying that by the time it expires on 1st May I should be able to use the app to sign up for the £9.99 monthly charge. I'm not massively confident to be honest...!

Just to chip in… I’m with Lex and took delivery 2/12/21. Mine is saying premium will end 2/12/22! So it looks like I have the year for now, and then hopefully by then there will be an add on? I will be pretty unhappy if there’s no option to add it …

I am with LeasePlan as well - might drop them a mail and ask although pretty sure they wont have a clue !

Hoping I can just pay for it as I use Spotify and live traffic a lot so worth it for me (cant be bothered to connect phones / hot spots etc).

I am with LeasePlan as well - might drop them a mail and ask although pretty sure they wont have a clue !

Hoping I can just pay for it as I use Spotify and live traffic a lot so worth it for me (cant be bothered to connect phones / hot spots etc).
It’s been said that some leasers are getting the subscription option appear in their apps now after asking Tesla to add it. We should all be getting it in the app within the week.

I’ve seen a screenshot of what appears to be the Tesla website from the perspective of a lease company, and it allows them to choose who the burden of payment falls to for various things - e.g. supercharging, upgrades, Premium Connectivity, etc. The latter I suspect has only been added recently.

From ZenAuto:

“We have recently received information regarding the Premium Connectivity. Tesla has now updated the app, you should be able to access it by clicking on the upgrade thumbnail. This then enables you to put your bank card details in to pay the monthly subscription.”

I’m waiting for delivery so cannot check.