Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anything else show up I.e. AB? Or just connectivity?
I'm afraid not, I only see the premium connectivity option as per @Mhk29 posted above. Apparently I was the first person to query his with my particular lease company (ElectricAuto), so I was their test user for getting it working, so I expect anyone else who has leased via ElectricAuto may also soon be seeing the option available.

Reactions: Casss
I'm afraid not, I only see the premium connectivity option as per @Mhk29 posted above. Apparently I was the first person to query his with my particular lease company (ElectricAuto), so I was their test user for getting it working, so I expect anyone else who has leased via ElectricAuto may also soon be seeing the option available.
I will be with electricAuto/Zen when mine finally arrives, shame they aren’t paying it for us lol

I have my current EV with them and they have been great as a lease company

Did anything else show up I.e. AB? Or just connectivity?
Upgrades is a seperate thing that lease companies can allow, deny, pay for themselves or require customers to pay for, from the interface I saw a screenshot of recently. I would assume the default is that only lease companies can decide if they want stuff added to the car.

Upgrades is a seperate thing that lease companies can allow, deny, pay for themselves or require customers to pay for, from the interface I saw a screenshot of recently. I would assume the default is that only lease companies can decide if they want stuff added to the car.
Yep, I was just curious if this signalled a broader change, I.e lease customer being able to request another type of upgrade with ability for lease co. to approve or deny. But seems not. Still the manual rigmarole for that stuff.

Reactions: Durzel
For what it's worth...had a call from LeasePlan (company salary sacrifice scheme) yesterday about something else so asked them about this. The person who called didn't know but went and checked, and came back and said LeasePlan were aware of it, they were working out what to do and would be in touch in due course.

For those leasing their Tesla’s via ALD, I contacted them today re the end of premium connectivity. The customer service agent advised she had been receiving multiple queries regarding this and asked the maintenance team to contact me. They in turn have advised that I will be able to purchase this and other upgrades but currently the option is not available in the car or on the app to do so. I have asked when should I expect to be able to do so so will post their response once received.

For those leasing their Tesla’s via ALD, I contacted them today re the end of premium connectivity. The customer service agent advised she had been receiving multiple queries regarding this and asked the maintenance team to contact me. They in turn have advised that I will be able to purchase this and other upgrades but currently the option is not available in the car or on the app to do so. I have asked when should I expect to be able to do so so will post their response once received.
I’m with ALD Ireland and the subscribe option has just now been added to the app for me. Premium Connectivity is the only option availabile.

Attachments

• 014BB212-58E2-40B6-ADD6-09359C9C7AB2.jpeg
    014BB212-58E2-40B6-ADD6-09359C9C7AB2.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 0409EDB9-2B8D-4A27-80E7-FCDD08C2B1D5.jpeg
    0409EDB9-2B8D-4A27-80E7-FCDD08C2B1D5.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: olej24
Has anyone had any feedback from Zen auto on what’s happening? I have tried to contact the person who set me up with my lease and had no response and the one time I got someone on the phone they had no clue what I was talking about and said they would pass it on but I have heard nothing?

anyone from leaseplan has had any update?
Yes and no. Someone from LeasePlan phoned on Friday by accident (in their words), then went through security to say what they'd said a couple of days earlier - expect to hear something next week (this week).

Based on my experience with LeasePlan I'd be prepared to lose the Premium Connectivity on 1st May and have no option to add it back anytime soon, if ever.

Yes and no. Someone from LeasePlan phoned on Friday by accident (in their words), then went through security to say what they'd said a couple of days earlier - expect to hear something next week (this week).

Based on my experience with LeasePlan I'd be prepared to lose the Premium Connectivity on 1st May and have no option to add it back anytime soon, if ever.
That would be unacceptable in my book.