Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running the fan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I'm not a fan of the "new car smell" so I would like to run the fan while the car is charging in the garage. So I turn off the A/C, set the climate control to on, the fan to 4, the windows to "Vent" and the temperature to low. Perfect! ... except as soon as I exit the car, some motor turns on and revs the whole time, draining the batterry. As soon as I open the driver's door, it goes back to normal.

How can I get the car to run the fan on 4 with the windows down and no heating and no cooling all night?

TIA for your help,

Gabriel

You could try using the app instead of inside the car however, a short time after car is left a period of time, the fan starts to run on a lower setting. this I believe was a software change about a year ago to help dry out the condenser. I notice more than once coming out to the garage about half hour after parking and hearing the fan running. Try also leaving car in non-recirculate when leaving car.

If you have a normal house fan, position it so it pushes air in one of your car windows. That air will come out from the other open windows. I believe that will circulate the air better than the car's system (which is meant for circulating air inside the car). On top, you won't wear out car systems, and it might be cheaper to run.

Hey all! I'm not a fan of the "new car smell" so I would like to run the fan while the car is charging in the garage. So I turn off the A/C, set the climate control to on, the fan to 4, the windows to "Vent" and the temperature to low. Perfect! ... except as soon as I exit the car, some motor turns on and revs the whole time, draining the batterry. As soon as I open the driver's door, it goes back to normal.

How can I get the car to run the fan on 4 with the windows down and no heating and no cooling all night?

TIA for your help,

Gabriel

I really like the smell. Is it possible for you to bottle it and send it by mail?

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
That scent is from a lot of the plastics and materials releasing gases/smells. This can also leave a stubborn film on your interior glass. I'd just leave the windows open since you have a garage.

Be sure to lock your door so addicts like @mattnis can't get in lol.

TIA for your help,

Gabriel
Camp mode?