Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fourteen (edit: now 15) posts that don’t make even a spurious attempt to relate to this thread’s topic are gone.
If you have posted within the last 6 or so hours, look up-thread to see whether you’re one of the guilty ones….and collectively, cut it out - even if you think it’s your duty to correct another’s obviously misdirected post; even worse, to corroborate it.

Reactions: unk45 and EVCollies
I could see Poland threaten to cut off support for Ukraine because of the grain situation, but when push comes to shove, I don't see them doing it. They detest Russia too much. They also are fully aware that they are among the next few countries on the list if Ukraine does lose. The government in Poland is already fairly far right. I suppose it could become more radicalized, but there is more room to move left than right.

Italy's government is pretty far right at the moment, but they are still supporting Ukraine. [...

More on this:

"​

UPDATE 4-Polish president says Ukrainian grain dispute won't significantly affect relations​

Reuters
Fri, September 22, 2023 at 12:01 PM GMT+2·2 min read

(Updating to change headline)

WARSAW, Sept 22 (Reuters) - A dispute between Poland and Ukraine over grain imports will not significantly affect the countries' good bilateral relations, the Polish president said on Friday, as he moved to ease tensions over the issue. […]

"I have no doubt that the dispute over the supply of grain from Ukraine to the Polish market is an absolute fragment of the entire Polish-Ukrainian relations," President Andrzej Duda told a business conference.

"I don't believe that it can have a significant impact on them, so we need to solve this matter between us." […]

"There's absolutely no contradiction here." Rau wrote. "Supporting Ukraine against Russia's invasion and protecting our citizens and safeguarding them against unfair economic competition — both serve Poland's interest simultaneously." [...
"

EDIT: One of those X/Twitter-links I can't embed...

From this account:

"
The US has to make a choice:

1) Pay Lockheed Martin to refurbish 1,000 outdated ATACMS and give Ukraine 1,000 ready-to-go ATACMS
2) Pay Lockheed Martin more money to dismantle the same 1,000 outdated ATACMS

The US doesn't lack (!) ATACMS - the White House just lacks courage.
"

Last edited:
At the beginning of Putin’s 2022 full scale invasion of Ukraine he stated the objective was to “demilitarize and denazify Ukraine”.

Yet it was only Putin committing nazi/fascist crimes, attacking the only country outside of Israel with an elected Jewish head of state, targeting civilians with abduction of children, forced deportation of Ukrainians, colonial Russian settlement, genocidal murder (Bucha et al), and during the war Ukraine becomes the only country with a Jewish head of state to elect a Muslim Minister of Defense.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is now one of the most militarized countries in the world, far more on par with Russia than the day of Russia’s full scale invasion. And it's not just exogenous militarization. Endogenous capabilities are greater now than day 0 and rapidly growing.

Strong work, Vlad.

More endogenous Ukrainian remote operated/drone development:

Ironclad is a robotic platform assisting Ukraine’s forces in executing missions, including storming positions, reconnaissance, and providing fire support to troops. The machine reaches speeds up to 20 km/h, equipped with a thermal camera, Shablya M2 turret, and armored plating to protect against small arms fire. Ironclad can be remotely operated from a safe location.

381070128_1352336528717196_7533098863205184560_n-800x500.jpg

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/09...d-combat-vehicle-undergoes-frontline-testing/