Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rust Oleum experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad..did a little more goigling and found this on the tesla website

You can use Rust-Oleum NeverWet Top Coat on the front fascia of your car to help prevent ice buildup on the radar sensors used by Autopilot.
  • Use Step 2 Top Coat only.
  • A hazy finish may be present after the coating is applied, but after ice resistance is no longer needed it can be easily wiped off.

I bought the two pack of never wet at princess auto when it went on sale for $5. Sprayed my front steps and works great. Was going to spray the tesla until I found out you don't spray the circle dots but an area to the left of the licence plate. The colour or white haze would look horrible so decided not to do the tesla. Ended up spraying the back steps and maybe going to do my boots I use to cut the grass. Hope this helps.

How about using Rain-X on that area if that's where the snow and ice need to be minimized? Or maybe adding a heating element to that area if you can get to it inside the body? What is everyone doing to headlights? Isn't it hard to keep LED headlights clear with no heat from the bulbs?

Winter Driving Tips

Frozen Autopilot Sensors and Cameras

For optimal performance, clear autopilot sensors and cameras of snow, ice, mud and dirt. You can also prevent ice buildup by applying Rust-Oleum Never Wet Top Coat to the front fascia of your car. For more information, see ‘About Driver Assistance’ section of the owner’s manual.

It is recommended and believe the question was has anyone tested it and does it actually do anything for the money? I to have this question.