Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RVG trade in and tyre condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm up for an RVG and Tesla are saying that my (roadworthy with a few mm to spare) tyres must be replaced at my cost, and have quoted 150% retail to do it after returning the car.
Has anyone had any dealings with the " damage and excessive wear and use based on Tesla’s standards for normal use" in the RVG agreement and could offer any insight?
I feel like they're trying to push me through the system to deliver my M3 before end of FY and seeing what they can get away with.

Had to google
RVG = Resale value guarantee.

Wasn't aware they'd ever offered this in Aus.

At the end of the day they've got more pressure to make the delivery by 30 June.

Would think it depends on the facts. If it's a 4yo car with 70k and original tyres, then I'd expect to pay up, but negotiate back to retail.
If the tyres are only 15k oldz different story

Reactions: powerfactor
Yes tesla did offer a guarantee. I had a couple of them. I simply replaced the tyres myself. There is no requirment for the original tyres to still be on the car, but I also replaced like for like. Its not reasonable to not expect to replace tyres after years of use. Tyres are a consumable item, especially on a tesla. The excessive wear is more a reference to the seats and other interior elements.

Reactions: powerfactor
I'm up for an RVG and Tesla are saying that my (roadworthy with a few mm to spare) tyres must be replaced at my cost, and have quoted 150% retail to do it after returning the car.
Has anyone had any dealings with the " damage and excessive wear and use based on Tesla’s standards for normal use" in the RVG agreement and could offer any insight?
I feel like they're trying to push me through the system to deliver my M3 before end of FY and seeing what they can get away with.

how many mm of thread do you have left? I would find something like 3.5mm inacceptable for a tradein.

The policy has just been officially clarified for me, 4mm is the replacement threshold, of which I was a little short.
Following the sentiment in this thread and to avoid the battle, I have replaced the tyres. Now some lucky second hand buyer will get a good run out of it!
Considering the small window that the RVG was offered, this thread will age out of usefulness soon!

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
The policy has just been officially clarified for me, 4mm is the replacement threshold, of which I was a little short.
Following the sentiment in this thread and to avoid the battle, I have replaced the tyres. Now some lucky second hand buyer will get a good run out of it!
Considering the small window that the RVG was offered, this thread will age out of usefulness soon!
You could have sold the car privately with everything as you choose. The tesla guarantee isnt compulsary to use.