Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD -> AWD -> Delivery -> Pure Joy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided on Battery Day if nothing was said about the RWD I would pull the trigger changing my March 2019 reservation to the AWD model. I called Tuesday afternoon and the next day I received a text that my Model Y White/Black/19-inch would be ready at the Tesla pop-up event in Sherman Oakes, CA. I was expecting 5-9 weeks. I struggled with the lack of communication from Tesla on my order but once I was in the queue it was an amazing experience.

The pick-up couldn't have gone smoother. The car (50xxx) was in perfect condition. not paint issues. No gap issues. No marks inside. While I was there I plugged in my SSD, formatted it and was recording in minutes.

Living in this and other forums for the last 6 months I was expecting so many issues with the car. I think it's best to know that everyone's level of acceptance is different and more people post that have issues than people who have no issues.

Thanks folks for all the insight. Now I just have to go find a cool spot to take a photo (instead of on my street). So excited.

Attachments

• ModelY.jpg
    ModelY.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 83
You said you were giving up the wait and you did. I'm staying in the RWD fight. I'm hearing rumors that production may start before years end. Otherwise congratulations on your new ride. It looks slick. I like your 19 inch wheels and may be making the change myself to improve tire wear and range. Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: Kofther