Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I heard about horror stories. I wanted to proceed only after they confirm in writing.
Price wise, not much difference, it was 48k plus 6k for FSD at the time of my reservation. And now 48.5k plus 6k for FSD ( including $1500 clean fuel reward). so I am thinking of sacrificing additional 20 to 25 miles of possible range for RWD model and get AWD.
Oh, if you ask me there is no reason to hold for RWD in your case, specially if they honor FSD pricing at 6k, given that if they come out with RWD they would ask you to pay the reservation price in order to keep FSD at 6k so it would be a choice of RWD or AWD with FSD for basically the same price, and even if it was 15 to 25 mies more range, it wouldnt be worth it as resale value would be much better on AWD.

Over the weekend, my Tesla sales team reached out to me and they mentioned that probably there would not be a LR RWD and they offered help in converting my order to either SR or LR AWD. They are willing to honor the FSD price at that time of my LR RWD order ($6000). Yet to get an official response as I asked to share total price for LR AWD including the FSD inwriting before converting my order.

That's lucky, when Tesla reached out to me earlier this month they said they could not honor the FSD pricing on the SR RWD or LR AWD, I would have to pay the new $10,000 price.

I am thinking of changing my LR RWD order to an AWD. Before doing so, I wanted to get an updated offer for my trade-in. I updated the mileage on my Tesla account 3 weeks ago but still haven't gotten an offer. So, I called Tesla support who looked at the account and said that it is because our configuration (LR RWD) was now changed in the system to unavailable. I asked when this configuration would be available and he said the system shows January 2022.

A rep called says she can keep $7000 FSD, now my order detail has updated to RWD $41000+ $7000 FSD + $11000 AWD upgrade = $59000. If I order a new one it is AWD $49,990+FSD $10000+$100 order fee= $60090. Since Tesla drop $3K AWD price from $52990 to $49990 couple month ago, I am getting only $1090 cheaper. Is this correct?

A rep called says she can keep $7000 FSD, now my order detail has updated to RWD $41000+ $7000 FSD + $11000 AWD upgrade = $59000. If I order a new one it is AWD $49,990+FSD $10000+$100 order fee= $60090. Since Tesla drop $3K AWD price from $52990 to $49990 couple month ago, I am getting only $1090 cheaper. Is this correct?
Wait, you are saying they are not offering you the curent price of $49990 + 7000 fsd so price should be $56990 plus fees and taxes. But instead charging you the price of AWD at the time you ordered? 53k? +7k fsd? If that is the case that its so shady, even for Tesla standards

When did they call you? Or what region of USA are you located, I haven't gotten any call yet. Did you ask them to call you?

I think the AWD upgrade is $8990.

This is ridiculous from Tesla. We should let them cancel RWD order and treat our $2500 as investment in their company and pay the returns. They simply can not collect money 2 years back and now realise that they do not want to offer what we paid the advance for. If they need to resolve this, only way should be by honoring FSD price at that time. To me, it is not a big deal. Not sure why Tesla want to make a mess if it and get into legal battles

Wait, you are saying they are not offering you the curent price of $49990 + 7000 fsd so price should be $56990 plus fees and taxes. But instead charging you the price of AWD at the time you ordered? 53k? +7k fsd? If that is the case that its so shady, even for Tesla standards

they texted me first two days ago asking if I want to do March delivery, . Says they are not making LR RWD for now, (does not discuss when). I texted back said if you can keep $7K FSD I can switch to AWD. I am in California.

They called , after I agree on the phone, they update website order to $41000 base+$11000AWD upgrade +$7000 FSD= $59000
If you are new customer check new order, it is $49990+$10K FSD+ $100 order fee= $60090

let's not discuss tax here too much info for my brain.

I know everyone is different, will you take this offer?

they texted me first two days ago asking if I want to do March delivery, . Says they are not making LR RWD for now, (does not discuss when). I texted back said if you can keep $7K FSD I can switch to AWD. I am in California.

They called , after I agree on the phone, they update website order to $41000 base+$11000AWD upgrade +$7000 FSD= $59000
If you are new customer check new order, it is $49990+$10K FSD+ $100 order fee= $60090

let's not discuss tax here too much info for my brain.

I know everyone is different, will you take this offer?
Oh, no way!!! I would be contacting every tesla youtuber and journalist i could think of i.e. inside EVs or Electek, so they can make this public, because right now everyone is making Tesla look like at least they are honoring the FSD price, but giving you the current AWD price. If you dont feel like going thru that, post a screenshot of your website order and i will do that, its not fair that they hold $2k of your money for 2 years, and then they just dont produce the vehicle you paid for and on top of that make you pay 3k more for the AWD version. And i dont want to make you feel bad but ive seen everywhere that had you just invested the $2k in TSLA instead you would now have somewhere around $40k.

Teslarati is the only one reporting the MY LR RWD has been canceled. Everyone else is quoting him. I did a chat with Tesla and they have no information regarding the cancellation. I'm hoping for the interior refresh before they fill my order...placed Sept 2019.

So it looks like what they are doing is quoting you ALL of the prices available at the time. So, back then, if the difference between the RWD and AWD was $11k (I am assuming here as I don't have a way to really check) and FSD was $7k. Versus AWD today for $50k plus $10k for FSD. There have been posts here where people expected them to offer today's price for AWD ($50k) PLUS yesterday's price for FSD ($7) for a total of $57k. It would be nice if they did that, for sure, especially after holding on to your $2500 for 2 years without interest. But doesn't appear to be what they are doing.

I decided to cancel MY RWD/AWD order.
After they upgrade to AWD it is $41000 base+$11000 AWD upgrade +$7000 FSD= $59000
If I cancel and order AWD now, it is $49990+$10K FSD+ $100 order fee= $60090.
so the gap is around $1k.

the reason: I want to wait new headlight, console, HEPA, "possible" Air suspension and "possible" Federal tax credit. With all these they are worth more than $1K IMO.

Good luck and thanks everyone. Stay healthy.

Reactions: pdx_m3s
Folks - I wanted to give everyone my experience and exact instructions to make the change. Please checkout this post:

There was also a news story on Teslarati about my experience. Check it out!

hi folks,

After loaning Tesla $2500 for 18 months, I've finally given up and cancelled my LR RWD order. The lack of any communication or clarity from Tesla on this model has really soured me on the company and I've decided I no longer want to be a Tesla owner. New vehicles launched by Hyundai and Kia with 800V charging and V2L capabilities are game changers in my opinion and are starting to look a lot more attractive.

I wish everyone luck with their Model Y!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Has anyone else tried to have Tesla honor the previous $7K FSD option after June 30? My problem is that no-one at Tesla is willing to listen, I was not told that I need to order before June 30 to have the $7K FSD price honored - in fact I only found on via this forum. My previous requests were denied and I can't get much out of my SA or anyone to return my phone calls.

Has anyone else tried to have Tesla honor the previous $7K FSD option after June 30? My problem is that no-one at Tesla is willing to listen, I was not told that I need to order before June 30 to have the $7K FSD price honored - in fact I only found on via this forum. My previous requests were denied and I can't get much out of my SA or anyone to return my phone calls.

I think it may be able to get it, but you will need patience, I am sorry. First, of all they are sold out of Model Y for months.
I think the following post is useful. I think on the ground your SA needs a special code to authorize the "Referral Credit" to correct the price and they need to do the changes or you will lose the FSD price.