Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else tried to have Tesla honor the previous $7K FSD option after June 30? My problem is that no-one at Tesla is willing to listen, I was not told that I need to order before June 30 to have the $7K FSD price honored - in fact I only found on via this forum. My previous requests were denied and I can't get much out of my SA or anyone to return my phone calls.
Why would you expect the $7k price when it's $10k now? Are you talking about an existing order, or a new order?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Got a call from a manager at the local store saying LR RWD will not be produced and asked if I wanted to cancel my reservation or upgrade to AWD. Said I had to pay full price if I upgrade ($9k more). Asked if I had to make a decision now. He said no, he expects that if I don't by the end of the quarter the system will automatically cancel my reservation and refund the deposit.

Anyone else seeing “Your delivery is on hold” on their LR RWD order?
Note: Day 1 MY LR RWD 7 seater reservation

Attachments

• 93BCCE7F-70DF-44AB-9AC6-628835AEF970.jpeg
    93BCCE7F-70DF-44AB-9AC6-628835AEF970.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don't understand why the LR RWD holders never switched when the AWD price went down to $48,880 in March. Was it to try and keep FSD at $7K or is RWD preferred for some buyers over AWD?
Speaking for myself (and i suspect others...) It's because we didn't really urgently need a car. The Pandemic did it for me. I have Prius, getting a Tesla for fun, wanted longest range Model Y for road trips, didn't need AWD. Suddenly, like a lot of well off tech folks here, i'm 100% work from home. I *really* don't need a brand new car now since March 2020, even more than before. So there was just no pressing need to change to AWD. And i'm locked in at $5k for FSD. Just let it ride.

Now, i'm approaching a time where i may need a car. I still have the LR RWD order sitting there, but i actually put in a MS LR order back in May, and am scheduled for Sep delivery on that. :D

An existing order where FSD was $7K. Some LR RWD were reached out to by Tesla and told if they ordered before June 30 that the $7k price would be honored, whereas others weren't given this information.
I do not think they reached out to anyone.

If you called them multiple times and got the right SA they would convert your existing order and issue a "referral bonus" with management approval for a credit to effectively give you the old FSD price. The SA would need to escalate to get an approval code to correct the FSD price something most did not know how to do. In the US apparently, the order line people knew what to do better than most SAs.

The whole thing remains a massive communications fiasco.

I do not think they reached out to anyone.

If you called them multiple times and got the right SA they would convert your existing order and issue a "referral bonus" with management approval for a credit to effectively give you the old FSD price. The SA would need to escalate to get an approval code to correct the FSD price something most did not know how to do. In the US apparently, the order line people knew what to do better than most SAs.

The whole thing remains a massive communications fiasco.

That's really helpful to know. I've given up on trying to have any SA submit a case for me, it's embarrassing how they've handled this. My SA won't return my phone calls and there's no other dealership in another area that's willing to help out.

That's really helpful to know. I've given up on trying to have any SA submit a case for me, it's embarrassing how they've handled this. My SA won't return my phone calls and there's no other dealership in another area that's willing to help out.
I am really sorry. The LR RWD handling is a major organizational failure.

Again since you are in the US there is an order support number and those people appear to have better training or assistance software and have helped some people. See this article about using order support Model Y LR RWD - Existing Orders - FAQ's

I think there is now some hope that the original LR RWD orders will be filled. Tesla China filed government paperwork for making this model for the Chinese market and the Shanghai plant has started shipping excess capacity to Europe and other locations. Tesla files to produce 5 more versions of Model Y at Gigafactory Shanghai, some for export

The current quality control from Shanghai looks to be as good or better than Fremont. It is easier for them with a new from scratch plant.

I am really sorry. The LR RWD handling is a major organizational failure.

Again since you are in the US there is an order support number and those people appear to have better training or assistance software and have helped some people. See this article about using order support Model Y LR RWD - Existing Orders - FAQ's

I think there is now some hope that the original LR RWD orders will be filled. Tesla China filed government paperwork for making this model for the Chinese market and the Shanghai plant has started shipping excess capacity to Europe and other locations. Tesla files to produce 5 more versions of Model Y at Gigafactory Shanghai, some for export

The current quality control from Shanghai looks to be as good or better than Fremont. It is easier for them with a new from scratch plant.
I believe they’ll be making LR RWD out of Austin Gigafactory. My order shows “On hold until Oct 05 2021”. Fingers crossed!