Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S Continues to lock-up will not roll. Driveline or Brakes? Service will do nothing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to brake it lose with a huge throttle. Tesla roadside service says they are aware of the problem but the service department refuses to look at it or even acknowledge its a problem. Just Awful!

A fairly regular / normal cause of this type of thing is the brake pads sort of fusing to the rotors. Have someone check your brake pads, or try bedding in your brakes (google that term, bedding in brakes, you should find videos describing it. Its basically accelerating, then braking hard but not all the way to a stop, a few times).

A fairly regular / normal cause of this type of thing is the brake pads sort of fusing to the rotors. Have someone check your brake pads, or try bedding in your brakes (google that term, bedding in brakes, you should find videos describing it. Its basically accelerating, then braking hard but not all the way to a stop, a few times).
This is what I thought, I continue to stay on the brakes and try to dry the pads after washes. If it is the brakes does Tesla have a new Pad that corrects the problem? Have you herd of any other issues, I was thinking maybe another issue like a broken gear in the parking brake like they had in 2014. I saw they had a recall for that. Really crazy, my wife is afraid to drive the car!

If you get the new CCB retrofit from Tesla it should fix your problem as my other car with CCBs doesn't have this sticking issue since a CC rotor does not rust the same way an iron one does when exposed to moisture. It will only cost you $20k.
Stop putting the car away wet. The pads are seizing to the rotors. Very common.
This is what I thought, I continue to stay on the brakes and try to dry the pads after washes. If it is the brakes does Tesla have a new Pad that corrects the problem? Have you herd of any other issues, I was thinking maybe another issue like a broken gear in the parking brake like they had in 2014. I saw they had a recall for that. Really crazy, my wife is afraid to drive the car!

Is there some reason you quoted my post two separate times, with the exact same copy / paste response?