Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S shut off on interstate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home yesterday from a trip. All of a sudden car shutdown. I coasted to side called Help Desk. Mind u I had no error codes. Lady said she saw no forward looking codes. Got it started, drove five miles, cutoff again. She pulled an ""internal"" code.
She said it was bad cell in a module, pack needed replacement. Take to SC.
Code BMS_w117_SW_Delta_SOC_Weak_Short/DIS_w009_hwEncoderB
The PRND did turn RED each time. I stopped to super charge 100 miles. She wished me good luck getting home. I drove slow for last 60 miles. Made it. So now to get a new pack? This is a 2019 May refurbished 85.
Anybody ever have this happen???

I was driving home yesterday from a trip. All of a sudden car shutdown. I coasted to side called Help Desk. Mind u I had no error codes. Lady said she saw no forward looking codes. Got it started, drove five miles, cutoff again. She pulled an ""internal"" code.
She said it was bad cell in a module, pack needed replacement. Take to SC.
Code BMS_w117_SW_Delta_SOC_Weak_Short/DIS_w009_hwEncoderB
The PRND did turn RED each time. I stopped to super charge 100 miles. She wished me good luck getting home. I drove slow for last 60 miles. Made it. So now to get a new pack? This is a 2019 May refurbished 85.
Anybody ever have this happen???
Weak cell/brick. You will get a refurbished pack.
By driving slow and easy, you kept that weak cell/brick voltage above cut-off levels, allowing you to continue driving.