Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S Used Inventory VERY Low right now...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...which may help those on here who are trying to sell.

I have been looking at the Tesla site for about 2 weeks now for a P90D or P90DL, and also monitoring prices on P100D. Inventory this AM dropped significantly- only a couple of P90D/DL's- where there were a dozen the other day.

I only see 5 available today:

upload_2020-6-27_14-5-32.png

There are a few nice ones out there at non-Tesla dealerships. Audi Gwinnett has a mice P90DL. Perillo in Chicago has a very nice P100DL. Just missed a very nice P100DL in NJ which sold on low 60’s.

I’ve been looking for a P90DL in mid 50’s (they tend to still be upper 50’s when you can find them) but may hold off and wait for a P100DL when they drop to upper 50’s. Will also give me time to sell my Macan. ;)

There are a few nice ones out there at non-Tesla dealerships. Audi Gwinnett has a mice P90DL. Perillo in Chicago has a very nice P100DL. Just missed a very nice P100DL in NJ which sold on low 60’s.

I’ve been looking for a P90DL in mid 50’s (they tend to still be upper 50’s when you can find them) but may hold off and wait for a P100DL when they drop to upper 50’s. Will also give me time to sell my Macan. ;)
Be very wary of used model S's at dealerships. I've been in the used Model S market for multiple years now a(have even bought a total of five of them now) and I can tell you that I fully gave up on buying one from a dealership about a year ago. I won't even look at used car dealership Tesla inventory and if I come across one that's at a dealership I immediately cross it off the list. Pretty much every single good deal I found when I was looking ended up being a car that was rebuilt from a horrific issue without any history indicating as such. The average buyer probably wouldn't notice some of the telltale signs and that's obviously how they sold them. My guess is every single dealership intentionally withheld information and probably pretended like they couldn't possibly know if they were ever caught. There's a reason why so few people end up having positive experiences at used car dealerships.

Well first thing first I have 2 Tesla’s, I am old enough and have 2 grown kids. Ocd when it comes to my vehicles. Having said that you can always call and we can talk. I am in Simi Valley and you are more than welcome to take a look in person. Original owner and only selling it because I am picking up my Y model in the coming week.

That could be true. I will check. I ran the national search and it came up ‘slim pickings’’- see the screenshot by EVO above.

I’d think that there would be a lot coming online from lease returns soon so I’m not worried- I just have to be patient.

the P100DL that I leased in 2017 comes up in September- maybe I’ll try to see where that ends up! ;)

(when I left CA to move to CT I and a friend assume the lease so it is no longer in my possession). I had a screaming hot deal on that one so I had multiple friends wanting to assume it at the time!).