Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 battery pack issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess its all about the elon lottery now for me. But from what i read, europe get the reman packs.
I am also surprised to see some packs fail at 50k miles, with almost no supercharging, and generally maxed at 80% charge, and others (like the Polish guy who bought a used NL taxi) manage to abuse the battery and still get 550 000kms.

I am also surprised to see some packs fail at 50k miles

It looks its mainly the older 85 packs failing at the module level, but equally other cars are younger so it may to be to do with time?

Plenty of cars hit 100k+ miles on their original battery with no issues, I may choose to get a new battery put into our X at 8 years old but am not sure yet. Having an extra 60-70 miles range really isn't worth $20k+ to me, but if the battery needs to replacing anyways that's a different matter.

Good luck with your repair! Hopefully you will luck out and get a new pack :).

Day 10, Service center still don't have an idea on the replacement pack, apparently they are still trying to source one, no ETA.
Has any UK owners had their 85pack replaced under warranty recently? Would like some feedback. Thanks

Day 10, Service center still don't have an idea on the replacement pack, apparently they are still trying to source one, no ETA.
Has any UK owners had their 85pack replaced under warranty recently? Would like some feedback. Thanks

The longer the delay I suspect the more chance of you getting a 'new' battery pack. If you have access to another car I would just let Tesla take their time as the pack may have to come from the US.

It took Tesla 4 weeks to ship a drivers seat over from the US a few years ago, so a battery pack from the US would be a similar time frame if not more given the current issues with logestics for every one?