Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S90D Ludicrous info help..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer is that I’m relatively new to this a Tesla world. Began my researching and shopping a couple weeks back and after a few very late nights I think I’ve narrowed my search down to a few cars I will purchase.

There is one in the mix that I’m a bit confused about... he says it’s a 90D with the ludicrous option and it has the 0-60 in the 2.8.. based on what I have read, isn’t it the P90D that has those specs? I know I read somewhere that Tesla offered a Ludicrous upgrade for like 10k. So is it possible to have a 90d (not the P90D) that has the Ludicrous mode and it actually will go 2.8?

Thanks for any feedback.

Disclaimer is that I’m relatively new to this a Tesla world. Began my researching and shopping a couple weeks back and after a few very late nights I think I’ve narrowed my search down to a few cars I will purchase.

There is one in the mix that I’m a bit confused about... he says it’s a 90D with the ludicrous option and it has the 0-60 in the 2.8.. based on what I have read, isn’t it the P90D that has those specs? I know I read somewhere that Tesla offered a Ludicrous upgrade for like 10k. So is it possible to have a 90d (not the P90D) that has the Ludicrous mode and it actually will go 2.8?

Thanks for any feedback.
No such thing. No "P" performance model, no ludicrous mode. No insane mode either. Seller is full of BS or hoping for a sucker.

Either he is lying or he is misinformed. Maybe it is a P90D with Ludicrous. But he/she mistakenly is calling it a 90D.

Easiest way to tell is...tell them to take a picture of the rear to you can see the emblems. It should have the line underneath like in the following photo for ludicrous mode...

2015-Tesla-Model-S-P90D-rear-taillight.jpg

Either he is lying or he is misinformed. Maybe it is a P90D with Ludicrous. But he/she mistakenly is calling it a 90D.

Easiest way to tell is...tell them to take a picture of the rear to you can see the emblems. It should have the line underneath like in the following photo for ludicrous mode...

View attachment 256109
Those numbers can be bought off ebay and faked so easily. I've seen a "P75D" which obviously never existed.