Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats incredibly cheap especially in SA
The guy there the other day had a heaps long type 2 cable lol, maybe 10 meters 3 phase one. Was having a bit of a workout getting it out of his boot. Id probably be hanging around the car, or have sentry mode on, some colorful characters around there! But out front of the RAA building should be fine..

The guy there the other day had a heaps long type 2 cable lol, maybe 10 meters 3 phase one. Was having a bit of a workout getting it out of his boot. Id probably be hanging around the car, or have sentry mode on, some colorful characters around there! But out front of the RAA building should be fine..
Perfectly safe in that quarter of hindmarsh square, and you can pop into Jasmins for the best indian food in adelaide, if not australia

Under construction list has been updated, good to see the Eyre Peninsula finally getting some love.

IMG_0058.jpeg

Construction photo from Wudinna Wudinna Hall (Coming Soon) | Wudinna, SA | EV Station

IMG_0059.jpeg

Under construction list has been updated, good to see the Eyre Peninsula finally getting some love.

Construction photo from Wudinna Wudinna Hall (Coming Soon) | Wudinna, SA | EV Station
Very happy to see Wudinna - although unlikely it'll be done before my upcoming trip (final run past it will be eastward on Nov 10th), it's a great spot, perfect distance from both Port Augusta and Ceduna.

Looks like the 150kW site at Tumby Bay went live today - West Terrace Car Park (Coming Soon) | Tumby Bay, SA | EV Station
View attachment 985754

No construction photos from Streaky Bay yet (or Elliston, both on the construction list this month), a report of construction starting in Port Augusta and no news for Wudinna and Kimba.
FYI I neglected to update this thread at the time, but as I went past last week:

Oct 20th - no evidence of construction in Port Augusta
Oct 21st - Kimba and Wudinna units installed, not activated
Oct 22nd - no evidence of construction in Streaky Bay

Things might have changed since then.

Things might have changed since then.
Indeed, was in Port Augusta yesterday, the chargers were being installed down near the wharf, near Woolworths.
Kimba charger is in, I was talking today to the owner of the tire business where we charged, he said it was waiting for a power connection. Had lunch at Wudinna but forgot to check on the charger.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I have been in contact with the City of Onkaparinga to ask about the lack of public charging infrastructure in the council.

From the latest discussion in earlier 2023 There is a policy position in discussion as part of their Climate Change Response Plan which was due to be brought to the SDC in July.
There is only one public facing charging station which is located at the McLarenvale tourist centre

McLaren Vale & Fleurieu Visitor Information Centre | McLaren Vale, SA | EV Station

The councillor has forwarded my email to council for discussion.

We have some really awesome beaches and touristy things to do down south of Adelaide, it would be awesome if some EV charging could be added so more people can enjoy it and support local businesses.
Any chargers seem to be either RAA chargers or business supplied destination chargers so it would be good to see the inclusion of other charging infrastructure like around the rest of Adelaide.
Shopping centres, beaches etc.
Will post back when I hear more.

IMG_6885.jpeg

I do not agree that ratepayer funds should continue to be used for ev charging other than if the community is in the middle of nowhere, which onkaparinga isnt. Councils should be doing all they can and removing all obstacles to facilitate private investment in charging stations and then using community funds for the strongest possible community use

Last edited:
Reactions: Hovean and dronus
I do not agree that ratepayer funds should be used for ev charging other than if the community is in the middle of nowhere, which onkaparinga isnt. Councils should be doing all they can and removing all obstacles to facilitate private investment In charging stations and then using community funds for the strongest possible community use
I agree with the second part of your post mostly as it is quite clear that there is 0 investment from private companies in a clearly defined council area for whatever reason. That reason needs to be looked into, is it the council blocking it? How can they facilitate investment from companies so both locals and tourists benefit?

Reactions: paulp
it is quite clear that there is 0 investment from private companies in a clearly defined council area for whatever reason. That reason needs to be looked into, is it the council blocking it?

Onkaparinga Council has just granted the RAA a 6 year lease to a site at Seaford Central Shopping Center. I read the minutes of the meeting at the time and if I remember correctly, they were quite professional. They were focused on the lease, not the politics of EVs.

The problem I see is the likes of Jolt, Evie are not interested. For Jolt they seem to have a footprint on the Adelaide Plains with Marion being about the far South. For Jolt, I see potential for something at say Port Noarlunga. There is a carpark between Becks Bakery and Grey St - They could face advertising signs at Grey Street - a reasonably high traffic area. Have you contacted Jolt and asked why there is nothing out South?

When the SA government put out tenders for the SA Gov Network, I understood very few participants in the DCFC space was interested. They ended up having to broker a deal with the RAA. It wasn't the RAA that put in a tender.

Last edited:
Onkaparinga Council has just granted the RAA a 6 year lease to a site at Seaford Central Shopping Center. I read the minutes of the meeting at the time and if I remember correctly, they were quite professional. They were focused on the lease, not the politics of EVs.

The problem I see is the likes of Jolt, Evie are not interested. For Jolt they seem to have a footprint on the Adelaide Plains with Marion being about the far South. For Jolt, I see potential for something at say Port Noarlunga. There is a carpark between Becks Bakery and Grey St - They could face advertising signs at Grey Street - a reasonably high traffic area. Have you contacted Jolt and asked why there is nothing out South?

When the SA government put out tenders for the SA Gov Network, I understood very few participants in the DCFC space was interested. They ended up having to broker a deal with the RAA. It wasn't the RAA that put in a tender.
All great info, thank you very much. I’m new to all of this but passionate about learning and contributing to make the south even better.
I’ll get in contact with Jolt, see what they say, thanks for the advice.
Other good sites are collonades shopping centre, Southgate plaza, Hallett cove shops, Christie’s beach, and as you mentioned port Noarlunga.
Awesome to hear they were focussed on the lease and not politics of evs, that’s really good!