Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento Performance Home Delivery Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my MY delivered to my driveway today (1st Tesla owner here!) - not going to share all the pictures besides a few but wanted to share my overall experience:
  • supposed to pickup at noon, but Rocklin changed their deliveries to home delivery due to COVID-19
  • supposed to be delivered b/t 12-2pm, but ended up being 5pm when they delivered it
  • upon delivery, I inspected the vehicle with the delivery technician standing nearby and noticed several imperfections right away (I never owned a Tesla before so thank you to this forum for sharing what to look for - can't believe even cheaper cars such as Hondas or Hyundais have better quality assurance)
    • front driver 21" wheel was curbed
    • paint nick on passenger fender gap
    • large taillight gap especially where the charging port opens/closes
    • misaligned dome light in rear passenger
    • rear trunk would simply not close automatically - need to manually close the trunk
    • make sure they link your Tesla App to your car before they leave (they had to unlock my car from the service center and did some backend fixes for my App to work)
The delivery tech made note of the imperfections so I will bring it in next Thursday to have everything fixed including a wheel replacement.

Overall, I'm still happy because I LOVE the tech and driving experience :cool: just fortunate to still be healthy (for now) and have a job. #stillgratefulandblessed

9A65E9E9-1277-479A-89E9-39098CE646CF.JPG
4E98539C-5623-4D3C-9815-351CECE9EBD6.JPG

IMG-4689.jpg
IMG-4691.jpg
IMG-4694.jpg
IMG-4695.jpg

Reactions: jwuwu and house9
Congrats! and thanks for sharing! In general, the car looks beautiful! Hope the performance continutes to meet your expectations. I am a bit surprised that there were so many imperfections in your car - espec the wheel scrape, charge port misalignment and trunk not closing! I have owned 3 Teslas, starting in 2014 and never had anywhere near as many defects in a new Tesla as you have. But, it seems virtually all of your defects should be fixable at your local SC when you have your appointment. Good luck!

Congrats! and thanks for sharing! In general, the car looks beautiful! Hope the performance continutes to meet your expectations. I am a bit surprised that there were so many imperfections in your car - espec the wheel scrape, charge port misalignment and trunk not closing! I have owned 3 Teslas, starting in 2014 and never had anywhere near as many defects in a new Tesla as you have. But, it seems virtually all of your defects should be fixable at your local SC when you have your appointment. Good luck!

thanks! apparently other folks had crazy misalignments, rear seats don't fold down with the switch, and overpaint on random areas

Reactions: jwuwu
Had my MY delivered to my driveway today (1st Tesla owner here!) - not going to share all the pictures besides a few but wanted to share my overall experience:
  • supposed to pickup at noon, but Rocklin changed their deliveries to home delivery due to COVID-19
  • supposed to be delivered b/t 12-2pm, but ended up being 5pm when they delivered it
  • upon delivery, I inspected the vehicle with the delivery technician standing nearby and noticed several imperfections right away (I never owned a Tesla before so thank you to this forum for sharing what to look for - can't believe even cheaper cars such as Hondas or Hyundais have better quality assurance)
    • rear trunk would simply not close automatically - need to manually close the trunk
    • make sure they link your Tesla App to your car before they leave (they had to unlock my car from the service center and did some backend fixes for my App to work)
The delivery tech made note of the imperfections so I will bring it in next Thursday to have everything fixed including a wheel replacement.

Overall, I'm still happy because I LOVE the tech and driving experience :cool: just fortunate to still be healthy (for now) and have a job. #stillgratefulandblessed

View attachment 527049 View attachment 527050
View attachment 527052 View attachment 527053 View attachment 527054 View attachment 527055
So here is the big question.....whats your thoughts on it vs the M4 in your garage. :)

I’m trading in a 2013 SL and still wobbly on getting rid of that car considering the Y is double the price of the deprecated SL.... love the ride in the SL and convertible... just dont love the lack of room and or eventual MB maintenance costs....

Stay safe and enjoy the ride :)

This is the problem with black wheels. Any curb rash is visible from one mile away.
When I will get my Model Y, I wonder if I should get my wheels painted in silver like the Model 3?

Which Software version you had?
Have you been able to get any update?

Hi! i believe i have the latest software update (the tech said they update it during final review prior to delivery). I scheduled service for this Wednesday so they will replace my curbed rim along with aligning everything else - hopefully no issues after that! I then plan on installing PPFilm on the bumper, headlights, hood, rocker panels, wrapping the center console, etc.

Only thing I found out is that the wireless charging DOES NOT CHARGE any phone with a case that is even remotely thick (unlike the QI wireless charger aftermarket kit I heard from folks on here) - my wife's Note 9 wouldn't charge even with a super thin rubber Otterbox case (I wonder if it's because of insulation/power of Tesla OEM charger?).

I love black rims (see my M4 picture below - never had them curbed for the past 2 years of ownership) - you can buy rim protectors (those rings around the wheel, which I never tried before but I heard they work).

So here is the big question.....whats your thoughts on it vs the M4 in your garage. :)

I’m trading in a 2013 SL and still wobbly on getting rid of that car considering the Y is double the price of the deprecated SL.... love the ride in the SL and convertible... just dont love the lack of room and or eventual MB maintenance costs....

Stay safe and enjoy the ride :)

hehe thanks! my M4 is my baby so it's hard to compare. i also have a stage 2 ECU tune going over 500hp on my M4 along w/other upgrades to make it more track ready.
  • if i want a spirited drive to wake me up with racing noises, then I would definitely drive my M4 around, especially if I feel like gunning it in the backroads or taking fast corners with my FAT wheels
  • the Model Y feels like the same speed as my M4 but obviously smoother (like a gliding rollercoaster is the best way to describe it) - definitely will be less stressful driving to work and listening to music to unwind after a hard day's work
  • sound systems are both great (I am EXTREMELY pleased with the MY's sound system even on default settings not adjusting bass or etc.) - compared to Harmon Kardon or Bang and Olufsen systems, the MY does not disappoint
Not sure if I should keep my M4 (i can afford too but not financially smart?) - still debating and struggling loll (I know, 1stworldproblems)

19577044_10101748322185320_1558148903927725588_o.jpg

Reactions: kdh0404
Only thing I found out is that the wireless charging DOES NOT CHARGE any phone with a case that is even remotely thick
(unlike the QI wireless charger aftermarket kit I heard from folks on here)
- my wife's Note 9 wouldn't charge even with a super thin rubber Otterbox case (I wonder if it's because of insulation/power of Tesla OEM charger?).
I have a Note 8, but it cannot fit in portrait mode. I got the Jeda and use the landscape mode

I love black rims (see my M4 picture below - never had them curbed for the past 2 years of ownership)
- you can buy rim protectors (those rings around the wheel, which I never tried before but I heard they work).
What are the size of the tires and the width of the wheels?

Note: I like the shape of the air vent just behind the front wheel.

The tailight gap is due to he hatch not being aligned, I have the same issue on mine. The other side is much more tighter.

Mine needs to be pulled up toward the too left of the hatch to align it, going to have mobile service look at it when they come out for the homelink install.

The tailight gap is due to he hatch not being aligned, I have the same issue on mine. The other side is much more tighter.

Mine needs to be pulled up toward the too left of the hatch to align it, going to have mobile service look at it when they come out for the homelink install.

did you have any rear trunk closing issues? 1/10 times it closes automatically, the rest of the time it doesn’t lock onto the metal thingy so I have to manually push it down to latch - will have to get them to fix it too.....

did you have any rear trunk closing issues? 1/10 times it closes automatically, the rest of the time it doesn’t lock onto the metal thingy so I have to manually push it down to latch - will have to get them to fix it too.....
No issue at all so far with mine.

Could be that yours is slightly worse than mine. An 1/8th inch could make all the difference in the the world when it comes to latching.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb
my tires are 285 in the rear/265 in the front - i forgot the width of the wheels but they are WIDE (in order to handle the power and track)
The Model 3 has 235 tires. I will get 255 when I will need a new set.

I imagine that there will be soon several talks in this forum about recommended replacement tires to use for the Model Y.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb
Was having the same issue. Had to ensure the pull tab for the storage cover was tucked/folded down as it gets in the way of the mechanism. No troubles since.

Make sure to call your service center and double check they have the wheel on their way. My appointment was set to be tomorrow for my curbed wheel but delayed because the wheel couldn't get there on time. I'm going to call again tomorrow to double check for a timeframe.

Congrats! Enjoy your car!

Dope M4 btw (It'd be hard to part with that)

Last edited:
Make sure to call your service center and double check they have the wheel on their way. My appointment was set to be tomorrow for my curbed wheel but delayed because the wheel couldn't get there on time. I'm going to call again tomorrow to double check for a timeframe.

Congrats! Enjoy your car!

Dope M4 btw (It'd be hard to part with that)

thanks for the heads up! will call them tomorrow - thanks I am really debating whether or not to sell the M4 but why hold onto it if I’m going to drive it like once/week :(

View attachment 527049 View attachment 527050
View attachment 527052 View attachment 527053 View attachment 527054 View attachment 527055
I'm in Sacramento area too. Maybe I'll see your Model Y on the road around town. I'm just dying to see it in real life. Congrats on your delivery!

Reactions: Nullogy45
thanks for the heads up! will call them tomorrow - thanks I am really debating whether or not to sell the M4 but why hold onto it if I’m going to drive it like once/week :(

I feel you, I totally forgot about my ICE car after driving the tesla. I should probably sell it too but it's the first brand new car I bought 8 years ago. Lots of sentimental value for me. Brb, Imma go show it some love today.