Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento Raceway, Wednesday 28 October, Let's TEST the newest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. You guys absolutely crushed the CLS 63 AMG. Not even close. What happened on his last runs? Did he just give up or have mechanical failure?

Also, did you have your traction control off or on? The track prep and tire pressure can make a big difference.

Wow. You guys absolutely crushed the CLS 63 AMG. Not even close. What happened on his last runs? Did he just give up or have mechanical failure?

Also, did you have your traction control off or on? The track prep and tire pressure can make a big difference.

I have no idea as I was too focused on the road ahead and didn't look at the opponent time results until afterwards. After every run, he'd turn off his car and opened up his hood. Perhaps to cool the engine down or something. That engine compartment looked extremely cramped! I guess I should pop the hood next time, too. Lots of people doing that. But I'll have one of these in the frunk when I do pop the hood.

This was the THIRD semi-organized gathering for EVs at Sacramento Raceway put together my moi for Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association (SacEV.org) and anybody else wanting to actually KNOW what their "golf cart" could do in terms of pure acceleration. It won't be the last, so PLEASE anyone in the Greater Sacramento region, sign up for SacEV and you will get notices of all our great gatherings. I am SURE to do another speed assembly when Tesla actually gives all "owner P90DL" cars the same software they clearly had in the "Motor Trend Press Car" which DID produce 10.9 second quarter mile times. I am "on the wait list" to get the Ludicrous Upgrade to my P85D, but that is NOT going to actually happen unless the now $5000 total price gets me MUCH, MUCH closer to 11.0 seconds in the quarter than just ".2 seconds improvement for that kind of $$$.

Our next "General Meeting" will be at Sullivan Chevrolet, Roseville on 11 Nov. gathering a 5:30 pm for show and tell in the parking lot and then 6 pm for the meeting inside which will feature a full introduction to the new 2016 Chevrolet VOLT! Sullivan will also provide pizza and sodas for the gathering "throng." I will NOT be able to make this meeting, but encourage anybody with an interest in "cars with plugs" to come join us. Check out: sacev.org Index

Motor Trend's 10.9 time is "with rollout". read up on it. It basically shaves 3/10ths off of 0-60 times and at least that much off of the 1/4 mile times. Apparently that's how they test all their cars. But, it's done to duplicate what owners can do at a drag strip. Unless this drag strip has a way of timing cars instantaneously and 3 to 5 tenths are being lost as a result?