TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Safety inspection suggestions?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by hulk2k17, Jul 4, 2018.

1. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

My car is up for registration renewal next month and I need to get it inspected. Any places you guys recommend in the Frisco/Plano/McKinney/Allen area?

Do you put your car in valet mode for the inspection? Can the SC do it?

Thanks

2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

#2 brkaus, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    The SC can do it in Austin. I assume they can there too... give them a call and see if they are setup for inspections yet.

I took to local quick lube place. It took them 5 min and only drove in the parking lot.

Edits: dang, I hate predictive text auto-correct

3. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Ok thanks.

4. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Confirmed. The Plano SC does state inspections

• Informative x 1
  5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Interesting. I've taken mine to Car Spa in the past. They're really fast and seem to know what they're doing (and it's who the Farmers Branch SC used for quite a while). Years ago, when I asked the SC if they did inspections they said that if they became certified as a state inspector then state law required them to inspect any car who wanted an inspection and they didn't want to deal with ICE cars showing up to be inspected. I wonder what changed?

6. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Btw - for same reason, some have suggested inspections at the Lexus dealer. Enjoy the pastries and coffee.

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I took my first Model S to the McKinney Toyota dealer for an inspection and they made a report to CarFax stating that they serviced the car. o_O

8. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Ell Zee One, when the twins alit.

Some Lexus service shops wash the car too. Ours has a pretty yummy breakfast on Saturday mornings!