Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety inspection suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is up for registration renewal next month and I need to get it inspected. Any places you guys recommend in the Frisco/Plano/McKinney/Allen area?

Do you put your car in valet mode for the inspection? Can the SC do it?

Thanks

The SC can do it in Austin. I assume they can there too... give them a call and see if they are setup for inspections yet.

I took to local quick lube place. It took them 5 min and only drove in the parking lot.

Edits: dang, I hate predictive text auto-correct

Last edited:
Interesting. I've taken mine to Car Spa in the past. They're really fast and seem to know what they're doing (and it's who the Farmers Branch SC used for quite a while). Years ago, when I asked the SC if they did inspections they said that if they became certified as a state inspector then state law required them to inspect any car who wanted an inspection and they didn't want to deal with ICE cars showing up to be inspected. I wonder what changed?

Interesting. I've taken mine to Car Spa in the past. They're really fast and seem to know what they're doing (and it's who the Farmers Branch SC used for quite a while). Years ago, when I asked the SC if they did inspections they said that if they became certified as a state inspector then state law required them to inspect any car who wanted an inspection and they didn't want to deal with ICE cars showing up to be inspected. I wonder what changed?
Btw - for same reason, some have suggested inspections at the Lexus dealer. Enjoy the pastries and coffee.