Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

safety score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain the "Aggressive Turning"scoring factor in Safety Score? My Aggressive Turning score is red all the way to the left and the other factors are all green all the way to the right, giving me a 95 score. My neighborhood has narrow winding streets but I drive the posted speed limit and feel like it's a smooth drive.

Thanks.

Can anyone explain the "Aggressive Turning"scoring factor in Safety Score? My Aggressive Turning score is red all the way to the left and the other factors are all green all the way to the right, giving me a 95 score. My neighborhood has narrow winding streets but I drive the posted speed limit and feel like it's a smooth drive.

Thanks.

If you can, let your Autopilot do the turning on a curvy winding road. If you want to turn your steering wheel yourself, you need to drive much slower until your Aggressive Turning scores improve.

The problem would be if you need to turn left or right because your Autopilot doesn't do that, so you have to turn yourself. Again, note your turning speed. I would turn at an intersection at about 10 MPH maximum which I had to endure all the honks from behind for weeks for my Safety Scores. If I do a U-turn, I would do it at 5 MPH maximum.

Upvote 0
Technically, Tesla defines it as a turn that registers more than 0.4 G's.

You can probably download a free iOS/android app that can measure g's and experiment with turns at speeds to get a feel for what less than 0.4 g's is (hint: it's pretty anemic).

I used to get dinged all the time in traffic circles/roundabouts until I just gave up on FSD beta.

Reactions: alexcue
Upvote 0
Not the topic here but why are people fighting so hard to figure out the test? I had a poor score for many weeks then simply opted out, opted back in, and drove a total of 100 miles in 4 days and was in beta on day 5. Mostly drove short 25 plus miles in the evening and done! No more tests and no more scores to battle. Been on beta for months.

Upvote 0
Opt-out butting has gone missing in my version 2021.36.8.8. Opt-out button was there prior to that.

What version is yours?
I'm on the latest Christmas update as of today but it was there before that, 40.5 and perhaps prior to that but I forget when I had checked previously. When I go to Autopilot it has a prompt to Request FSD Beta and I did. My score sucked after several weeks so today I clicked Request FSD Beta again, although I was already on the wait list, and it said if I select the button again I will opt out. I opted out and just went back to my car a minute ago and opted back in, easy peasy. Though I'll probably just get a terrible score again and have to wait for the FSD general release I'm sure ;)

Reactions: Yelobird
Upvote 0
I'm on the latest Christmas update as of today but it was there before that, 40.5 and perhaps prior to that but I forget when I had checked previously. When I go to Autopilot it has a prompt to Request FSD Beta and I did. My score sucked after several weeks so today I clicked Request FSD Beta again, although I was already on the wait list, and it said if I select the button again I will opt out. I opted out and just went back to my car a minute ago and opted back in, easy peasy. Though I'll probably just get a terrible score again and have to wait for the FSD general release I'm sure ;)

The discrepancy of the presence of the opt-out button between different owners is a puzzle.

Thanks for checking that out! At least there's still hope for those who want to opt-out then opt-in again.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know why I’m not getting safety scores yet? I requested FSD Beta over a week ago and I’ve driven the car regularly since then. Yet I still don’t get any safety scores.
I have the latest iPhone Tesla app version, latest Tesla software 2021.44.25.2 which installed just yesterday.
I have reinstalled the app, logged out and logged back in, I have opted out and opted back in for FSD in the car and no luck.
I’ve also rebooted the car twice.
The car connects to wifi park everyday.
Any idea of what could be wrong with my FSD Beta request?

Attachments

• 270045315_10227945783853126_5848292122681900634_n.jpg
    270045315_10227945783853126_5848292122681900634_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Not the topic here but why are people fighting so hard to figure out the test? I had a poor score for many weeks then simply opted out, opted back in, and drove a total of 100 miles in 4 days and was in beta on day 5. Mostly drove short 25 plus miles in the evening and done! No more tests and no more scores to battle. Been on beta for months.
I did the same. I was doing well and one really bad day, when a bunch of idiots cut me off, cut in front of me, etc., giving me a one day score of 68, was getting ready to cycle off the end of the 30 days giving me 30 days of 100 when the same thing happened. I didn't want to wait another month, opted out, opted back in and 8 days later I got the software.

Upvote 0
I did the same. I was doing well and one really bad day, when a bunch of idiots cut me off, cut in front of me, etc., giving me a one day score of 68, was getting ready to cycle off the end of the 30 days giving me 30 days of 100 when the same thing happened. I didn't want to wait another month, opted out, opted back in and 8 days later I got the software.
When did you get the beta? I have had an 100 for like 6 days now and 200 miles driven, why do I not have it? Any ideas on how long it takes the average person to get the software at this point in time?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know why I’m not getting safety scores yet? I requested FSD Beta over a week ago and I’ve driven the car regularly since then. Yet I still don’t get any safety scores.
I have the latest iPhone Tesla app version, latest Tesla software 2021.44.25.2 which installed just yesterday.
I have reinstalled the app, logged out and logged back in, I have opted out and opted back in for FSD in the car and no luck.

I've also done a factory reset and still no luck. I've driven for around 1400 miles since requesting beta.
I've also reported via the Tesla advisor chat and the two advisors I've chatted with in different days don't know what's going on either.
They've only been able to confirm that my beta request is visible at their end.

They've suggested all the stuff I've already done above.

Upvote 0

No idea, just a couple of WAGs...

1. Any chance there are multiple profiles defined and driving/app are not the same? FSD beta safety score should follow the car, not the driver, but perhaps the car is logging the miles under a different account/profile than the app is showing??? Has the car been under the same account since day 0? Or did you transfer a reservation or it is a used car and something never got fully pushed over to your current?

2. Also how good is the WiFi signal? Any issues with that before? Getting regular updates via same parking location and WiFi? The car is supposed to upload driving score data after put into park. If WiFi is not good, could that data never actually get pushed up to the mothership?

Good luck with it. I gave up on getting into that program, got tired of getting dinged for turning too hard or having others jump in ahead of me and my following distance was unsafe. Next to impossible in normal traffic and where I have to drive around here not to get dinged. Plus I got tired of driving like a 90 year old hypermiling in a Prius, life is too short for that.

Upvote 0
No idea, just a couple of WAGs...

1. Any chance there are multiple profiles defined and driving/app are not the same? FSD beta safety score should follow the car, not the driver, but perhaps the car is logging the miles under a different account/profile than the app is showing??? Has the car been under the same account since day 0? Or did you transfer a reservation or it is a used car and something never got fully pushed over to your current?

2. Also how good is the WiFi signal? Any issues with that before? Getting regular updates via same parking location and WiFi? The car is supposed to upload driving score data after put into park. If WiFi is not good, could that data never actually get pushed up to the mothership?

Good luck with it. I gave up on getting into that program, got tired of getting dinged for turning too hard or having others jump in ahead of me and my following distance was unsafe. Next to impossible in normal traffic and where I have to drive around here not to get dinged. Plus I got tired of driving like a 90 year old hypermiling in a Prius, life is too short for that.
I appreciate your help!

The car is new. Single owner. Delivered 3 weeks ago. Single profile in car.
Wifi is good. I've downloaded and installed 2 updates in my garage since delivery. Everything else data related (upload or download) appears to be working well. I have premium connectivity.

Upvote 0