Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego to Phoenix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the car is complete as I have been getting emails to join the Tesla delivery event in San Diego. Of course, like many others, have not received any correspondence or phone calls from the DS. So, how difficult would it be to drive a P85 from San Diego to Phoenix? I assume this would take an overnight stay somewhere. Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,
Ron

Use the AllStays website or smartphone app to ID RV parks with 50A hook ups. Call to confirm they have them. You may check to confirm they are 14-50, though mixed results if they understand that. I plotted such a course recently to see how it might be done. I recall deciding it was definitely doable, but would require 1-2 long charge sessions at an RV Park or two.

360 miles from San Diego to Phoenix. Yuma is exactly 1/2 way (180 miles). so I would find a charging station there.
Yuma City has 2 charging stations (free), it is of J1772, but only allow charging between 7am to 6pm.

I checked the route on google maps and found...
CarStations.com lists a few along the route from SD to Phoenix.
J1772, Rogers & Rogers Nissan, Imperial, CA (El Centro) Phone: (760) 352-2900 (probably Leaf only, but you can check)
J1772, Sonora Nissan, Yuma, AZ Phone: (928) 726-0525 (probably Leaf only, but you can check)

DOE web site says none.

Plugshare.com shows the same as above but also includes:
50 amp Dryer Outlet, Garden Oasis RV Park, Yuma AZ Phone: (928) 282-7747
J1772, City hall Parking lot, Yuma AZ
and 2 Private individuals on the Plugshare network.
maps.google.com - maps.png

Last edited: