Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco Bay Area Roadster Meet 9/11/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True but I think @DaveD was referring to the photos take in the beach parking lot, where you did arrange the order of the cars. Right Dave?

I though I overheard @spiderguy mention he was arranging the beach parking lot something along the lines of starting with white to black bold contrast, then accenting into bright colors in the middle, and then sparkly colors that fall in the middle of contrast / colorful to tie back in the combined the effect of contrast to colors. Duplicates repeated towards the hillside / end.

Worked very well for the shot below, great eye and shot! It ties in the black / white contrast of the parking lot pavement and lines transitioning colors which follow the the merge of the colorful background landscape. The overcast also set the tone of contrast for the day as well.

I'd love to put names or TMC Handles to all those cars

You can always match my screen-name to my Roadster by looking for the the BOA side mirrors... and if you get close enough the mirrors + the CRF rotors :) However, my avatar doesn't reflect the mirror change.

img_5354-jpg.194248

Last edited:
I was somewhat involved in the arranging. People were out of their cars talking to each other, and it wasn't always easy to just grab the right driver for the right car to move it where you want, so there was a bit of "hearding cats" involved in juggling the cars into some interesting spectrum order. There was also a discussion if to keep like colors together, and if not, how to best separate them. I think you could say that it was a quick attempt to realign the cars in an interesting order with multiple inputs on aesthetic choices and some compromises to just get things together in a hurry.
So, not perfectly planned, or orchestrated, but a valiant effort by all to make a pretty photo op.

Last edited:
Reactions: wiztecy
I took this pic of a jet black (front) next to an obsidian black (rear) when doing some charging on the way back from the event...
blackies.png

The jet black is like a "piano black". No metal flake, but very dark and shiny.
The obsidian black has a slight grayness to it, with metal flake.
I think the obsidian hides dustiness better. The jet black looks richer when it is spotless.

It would be hard to tell the difference at night. You really need bright light to see the differences.

• Informative
Reactions: SpitzNV