Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sarasota Tesla store will not take reservations for Model 3 before 1pm on March 31.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least that's what I was told when I called....anyone have additional info about this? I was going to drive up to Sarasota from Naples but if the lines are going to be like an iPhone launch at the Apple store.....

Hmm, interesting. Wonder if that's the case everywhere.

(Also, always interesting to me how many times Sarasota, my home city, pops up on this forum. Larry, does Sarasota have a large representation of Tesla buyers relative to size?)

At least that's what I was told when I called....anyone have additional info about this? I was going to drive up to Sarasota from Naples but if the lines are going to be like an iPhone launch at the Apple store.....

Hmm, interesting. Wonder if that's the case everywhere.

Bill,

I have an inquiry into Tesla management, but based on my preliminary conversations this appears to be an across the board policy. Again this is not yet official.

It would be in Tesla's best interest to avoid a public relations backlash by making an official and consistent announcement in which they explain in detail the logistics of the registration process. In other words, they shouldn't let a situation develop in which they are turning away scores of prospective customers because they failed to provide adequate communications, only to find out after the fact that other stores took reservations right away.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

(Also, always interesting to me how many times Sarasota, my home city, pops up on this forum. Larry, does Sarasota have a large representation of Tesla buyers relative to size?)

Hi Zach,

Based on September 2015 DMV statistics, Sarasota County ranks 8th in registered Model Ss. When normalized by population Sarasota ranks 5th in the state.

Dade County ranks first in registered Model Ss, but when normalized by population it falls behind Sarasota in 6th place.

Palm Beach County ranks second in registered Model Ss, but when normalized by population it ranks first in the state.

Larry

Last edited:
As usual Larry provides useful and interesting insights.

FWIW, Dadeland Tesla store says they will accept orders as soon as the doors open at normal time on March 31. I have already booked my flight back to Miami from Rio so I'll be in the queue about 6:00 AM. My flight will arrive at 4:15 so I'll have nothing to do other than wait.

I have received some additional preliminary information. This issue has been forwarded to the appropriate folks for direction. Individual stores should not be setting precedent on the timeline of launch since the specifics have not yet been determined.

Larry

I called Tampa last week and was told they would take reservations as soon as they open at 10. I'd prefer that to waiting until 1, but I understand the benefit of doing it like Apple. I wasn't planning on taking the whole day off....

I called Tampa last week and was told they would take reservations as soon as they open at 10. I'd prefer that to waiting until 1, but I understand the benefit of doing it like Apple. I wasn't planning on taking the whole day off....

I'd check with them again. A couple of days ago Raleigh also thought it would be 10 a.m., but at the time they were just guessing because they hadn't been given any official guidance.

I have received some additional preliminary information. This issue has been forwarded to the appropriate folks for direction. Individual stores should not be setting precedent on the timeline of launch since the specifics have not yet been determined.

Larry

It's my understanding that the east coast will not be given the 3 hour advantage, so I would not be surprised if it was 10am pacific/1pm eastern for model 3 reservations.

As usual Larry provides useful and interesting insights.

FWIW, Dadeland Tesla store says they will accept orders as soon as the doors open at normal time on March 31. I have already booked my flight back to Miami from Rio so I'll be in the queue about 6:00 AM. My flight will arrive at 4:15 so I'll have nothing to do other than wait.

I'll be at the Miami-Dadeland store as well. I was there yesterday and did not have any information as to the time for reservation other than when they opened. Now that we are hearing more so at 1pm, I would advise you to wait closer to the 31st to have a definitive time. Other than that I will see you there

I'll be at the Miami-Dadeland store as well. I was there yesterday and did not have any information as to the time for reservation other than when they opened. Now that we are hearing more so at 1pm, I would advise you to wait closer to the 31st to have a definitive time. Other than that I will see you there
Welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Sorry the recent forum conversion broke the link to my signature. Here's the link:
Florida Tesla Enthusiasts (FTE) club sign-up page

Larry

Last edited:
Tesla sent out official email; along with drawing for tickets to the announcement on 3/31:

Orders will begin in stores at 10am west coast time; so 1pm east coast makes sense.
And they are saying that online orders will begin when the event begins....which will be live streamed the evening of 3/31

Better news....current Tesla owners' reservations will be placed ahead of non-owners. Now I'll probably just order online and watch the live stream

Last edited:
Tesla sent out official email; along with drawing for tickets to the announcement on 3/31:

Orders will begin in stores at 10am west coast time; so 1pm east coast makes sense.
And they are saying that online orders will begin when the event begins....which will be live streamed the evening of 3/31

Better news....current Tesla owners' reservations will be placed ahead of non-owners. Now I'll probably just order online and watch the live stream
Hi Bill,

Thanks for tracking this issue.

For others here's the email verbiage:

We're excited to share details of the Model 3 prototype unveiling at an intimate event in Los Angeles, CA for less than 800 people.

We want to share this with Tesla owners first, as a token of our appreciation for your support over the years. We've saved 650 places at the event for current owners including their guests.

Places will be allocated at random through a drawing on March 16. To enter, simply click below and register before noon PST on March 16 2016. You'll need to use your MyTesla email address to ensure successful entry into the lottery. On March 17, official invitations will go out to those selected through the lottery.

Model 3 reservations will open in Tesla stores on March 31 at 10am PST, as well as online immediately when the event (which will also be accessible via a live stream) begins. As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners.

Thanks again for your support. Good luck!

The Tesla Team
Larry

Last edited: