Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sasha Anis is a genius magician

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that's a risk you'll have to take but it's either that or drive a car that's not quite put together for the next however many years/miles... You can't go wrong with MPP. By the way... what control arm issue...?

The stock front upper control arm balljoint can start creaking and squeaking at pretty low mileage.

• Informative
Reactions: mcbarnet007
Awesome!

Wife approved the purchase of coilovers over the winter, leaning heavily towards the MPP Sport. I’ve been consistently in the top 10 for raw time at our local AutoX so really excited to see what they can do for me. Don’t think I’ll have the budget to do the front control arms at the same time to get the camber I need unfortunately but coilovers should make a big difference.

Well, if fixing the crashing feeling and improved handling are your goals (and you won’t be taking your vehicle to the track on a regular basis), then I think the general consensus is to go with the comfort adjustables... at least that is the advice MPP gave when I spoke to them. They told me that you can still firm up the settings/ride with the comfort adjustables (if you are one of those who prefers a firmer, sporty feel/ride). And, of course, you also have the flexibility to dial it back to a softer setting/ride for more general street use... especially useful if the roads in your area are not so great. MPP convinced me that the comfort adjustables are the best of both worlds. So, that’s what I ended up ordering. However, I’m sure most will agree that you really can’t go wrong with either product.
I do want to track the car and do some auto cross but I wouldn’t do it that often. My dilemma is I want the best handling this chassis is capable of but I mostly use my car for commuting so better comfort would be utilized all the time.

I do want to track the car and do some auto cross but I wouldn’t do it that often. My dilemma is I want the best handling this chassis is capable of but I mostly use my car for commuting so better comfort would be utilized all the time.

Apologies to Dolemite for slightly derailing his thread.
However, in another thread about suspension, I made the following comment to someone who was also debating between Sport and Comfort Adjustable...

“I would also venture to guess that a person who rarely or even occasionally takes their vehicle to the track, will not be able to feel/tell the difference between the Comfort Adjustable and Sport coilovers. I think it is only the true track enthusiasts (those who actually know how to drive/push their vehicle on the track and try to squeeze every last ounce or more appropriately every last 1/2 second of performance out of their vehicle) who will feel/appreciate the difference.”

Here is MPP’s reply to my above comment...

Agreed, if you aren't going to the track (or if you are even just a casual trackgoer) the Comfort Adjustable is the way to go. The ride is unmatched and you can still firm it up for the track. A novice to intermediate driver wouldn't notice a difference.

Reactions: bcpm3p
Apologies to Dolemite for slightly derailing his thread.
However, in another thread about suspension, I made the following comment to someone who was also debating between Sport and Comfort Adjustable...

“I would also venture to guess that a person who rarely or even occasionally takes their vehicle to the track, will not be able to feel/tell the difference between the Comfort Adjustable and Sport coilovers. I think it is only the true track enthusiasts (those who actually know how to drive/push their vehicle on the track and try to squeeze every last ounce or more appropriately every last 1/2 second of performance out of their vehicle) who will feel/appreciate the difference.”

Here is MPP’s reply to my above comment...
I guess I’m back to the comfort adjustables now lol

Reactions: bcpm3p
I guess I’m back to the comfort adjustables now lol

On the other side of the coin, if you're a competitive person and get bit by the track bug, you might end up wanting the Sport version. I have the sport version and my wife and 6 month old have not complain about the ride quality on the 18 inch oem tires. In fact the baby falls asleep every time she's in the car. I have over 25k miles on the Sport C/O and not once I thought the ride was too harsh when the damper is in street config.

Reactions: kbecks13
On the other side of the coin, if you're a competitive person and get bit by the track bug, you might end up wanting the Sport version. I have the sport version and my wife and 6 month old have not complain about the ride quality on the 18 inch oem tires. In fact the baby falls asleep every time she's in the car. I have over 25k miles on the Sport C/O and not once I thought the ride was too harsh when the damper is in street config.
And this is why I’m so torn smh

Sports are similar to BMW M2 suspension frequency. It is NOT actual track level. Its totally fine for the street. Worst case scenario you can just buy Comfort springs later - they are like $250.

I didn’t think Springs were the only difference. I was under the understanding that the valving was different between the two as well. @MountainPass ? I’ve been going back and forth as well. Leaning towards Sports. But torn.

Ski

Another happy sports customer here. I do auto-x a few times a year though, so appreciate the competitive edge. I find them really well composed on our terrible roads.

The FUCAs are brilliant too... My first auto-x after the install had me laughing like Mr Burns. Using more than the edge of the tire is really fun... dare I say excellent.

If you had to pick one for the biggest AutoX impact....

If you had to pick one for the biggest AutoX impact....
Tough choice because both are excellent and very helpful in their own right. The FUCAs would likely give you the most raw time improvement by adding negative camber. They will also help you maximize tire life / usage. But, the coils help control brake dive, corner transition and all the fine elements for a smooth drive.

Tough choice because both are excellent and very helpful in their own right. The FUCAs would likely give you the most raw time improvement by adding negative camber. They will also help you maximize tire life / usage. But, the coils help control brake dive, corner transition and all the fine elements for a smooth drive.

So basically tell the finance committee that I need a $1100 budget increase..... LOL. It makes sense to do them at the same time since you have to pull the strut for the FUCA anyway.