Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received my invitation from Tesla ... :cool:

Here are the key points regarding the referral program and GF invitation:

1. There is a 7 day waiting period after 7/15 for each reservation to be non-refundable.
2. Once all 5 referrals go hard on 7/22, then you should receive a formal GF invitation.
3. The additional prize details will also be available after 7/31 to all award winners.

Me. Me. Me! Wow, I did! :)

Rec'd email a short while ago. Looking for flights now, maybe I can make it to Bonnie's party at Picnic Creek also.

Well I'll be - I got a lottery invite too! Booking things now in a hurry, and can't wait to see you all there. I will definitely plan to attend Bonnie's party as well. Squeezing this in between family vacations, but wouldn't miss it. Woo-hoo!

I missed the small window to enter the lottery. Long time Tesla supporter (I have a 40 and 70D and solar)... and I just happen to be in the area (sort of = Blackhat) during this event.

If anyone has a +1 they're willing to spare; I'd greatly appreciate it (and willing to reciprocate the gesture). If so, please PM. Thank you.

Last edited:
Folks,

I have a +2 invite from the last referral program and I finally was able to line up logistics to get to Reno on the 29th ( unbelievable that there are no direct / good flight options from any of the Washington DC area airports to Reno, NV!). I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and plan to arrive at the Gigafactory around 4 pm local time. The +2 guests need to check in around at the same time and I believe check-in opens at 5pm.

PM me please if interested.

If you can come up on Thursday/early Friday morning, join us at TMC Connect in Reno. TMC Connect 2016 | The Offical Conference of Tesla Motors Club Most attending TMC Connect are staying at the Atlantis.

Great point - I've been following threads for Gigafactory party, TMC Connect, and Party at Picnic Creek, but it's likely not everybody is following all of them. If you're going all the way to Reno for one event...look in to the others!

TMC Connect has some social/exhibit stuff on Thursday the 28th and Saturday the 30th, but the main conference is on Friday the 29th. It is during the day, and ends in plenty of time to get to the Gigafactory that evening. You can register at the link at the top of this page.
The Gigafactory doors open 5pm on Friday the 29th, event "starts" at 6pm, though remarks aren't until 9pm.
The Party at Picnic Creek is on Sunday the 31st in Loomis, CA. See thread HERE.

Reactions: Saxena and bonnie
Great point - I've been following threads for Gigafactory party, TMC Connect, and Party at Picnic Creek, but it's likely not everybody is following all of them. If you're going all the way to Reno for one event...look in to the others!

TMC Connect has some social/exhibit stuff on Thursday the 28th and Saturday the 30th, but the main conference is on Friday the 29th. It is during the day, and ends in plenty of time to get to the Gigafactory that evening. You can register at the link at the top of this page.
The Gigafactory doors open 5pm on Friday the 29th, event "starts" at 6pm, though remarks aren't until 9pm.
The Party at Picnic Creek is on Sunday the 31st in Loomis, CA. See thread HERE.
Great advice but...

I looked into my referrals (1, since cancelled), my email, my spam folder, my lottery sign-up and my navel-and there was no gigafactory invite!

But I expect the highlight of the weekend triad to be Kevin Burke and his fiddle at Bonnie's soirée.

Reactions: bonnie
My girlfriend and I will be driving from LA in our Signature Red Model S P85! We're planning to make a little roadtrip out of it: Yosemite Thu nite, Reno Fri nite (@Atlantis), Mammoth Sat nite, en route back to LA. Hopefully the SC's along the less traveled route won't be so congested. (We may need a slight range boost in Yosemite to make it to Topaz Lake; presumably we'll be able to find a hotel or ChargePoint that will let us plug in for an hour? Any suggestions?) Of course, we look forward to meeting many of you at the event!!

Reactions: Saxena
Folks,

I have a +2 invite from the last referral program and I finally was able to line up logistics to get to Reno on the 29th ( unbelievable that there are no direct / good flight options from any of the Washington DC area airports to Reno, NV!). I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and plan to arrive at the Gigafactory around 4 pm local time. The +2 guests need to check in around at the same time and I believe check-in opens at 5pm.

PM me please if interested.

PM sent (personal conversation), thanks!

I decided to give away my friend's two ticket for free. He can put your name in his RSVP form because he's not going. Pm if interested.

I'm not sure it works that way. The rules state the Gigafactory invites are not transferrable, and the winner of them must be present. I'm not sure why the form asks for your name, but the email address must match your mytesla account login that won the tickets. You can try to put some other name in there, but the results of that and when you show up are unknown/unpredictable.