Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw this trailer of Model 3s and MSs just now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An SA at Westmont in Chicagoland told me that they will hold typically 3-7 days, although after 3 days they'll consider reassigning if they don't have a clear answer when the person is coming. Not sure if that would hold true, but that's what they told me.

The Fremont DC when I had my delivery 2018 Q3 had apparently leased a number of empty office parking lots nearby to park cars ready for pickup. From all I’ve read, over time, that other DCs around the country don’t have this luxury for extended storage. There will be additional carriers arriving and if cars don’t get cleared out on time, will cause them a storage problem. Nothing personal, just gotta get them moved out to keep logistics planning flowing well. And no doubt with demand still very high, and especially at year end with people possibly getting some sort of credit/rebate, any car that can’t be claimed in time can and will be easily sold to a suddenly happy buyer who can pick it up on short order.

Does make juggling one’s schedule harder on some buyers but it’s what it is out of necessity I guess right now. The car is worth the inconvenience as pretty much everyone has said. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point Tesla after a number of cash positive quarters doesn’t obtain (lease/buy) warehouse space where multiple Teslas (S3XY&pickups) can be temporarily stored and then be able to offer more flexibility in scheduling delivery times. But til then don’t see it happening for many areas.

The Model 3's plate area in the front and rear looks nothing like my car's; and I got close to the blue Model 3 on the lower level which was backed in, so driver side was facing me on the street, and the steering wheel was on the right. All of the Model 3's rear and front plate areas look the same.