Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Departure Confusion.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, I set up the scheduled departure option last night for a 8:45 AM departure. On my App it showed that Charging will start at 2:40 AM. Apparently, because I turn my phone off every night the charging did not start until I turned my phone on this morning. Does anyone know why. What happens to those who don’t use the phone as a key?
That makes no sense. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it really makes no sense.

Today when I got home it did not start charging, now when I just checked my App, it says "Charging scheduled, it will start at 00:00". Previous week-days it was stating that charging will start at 2am or 2:30am.

So did it start charging at midnight?

yes it did.

Ok so it seems here's the situation:
  • Set scheduled departure for weekdays only: Car will finish charging by 6am M-F, then pre-condition for your set time. On Sat/Sun it will charge as soon as you plug in.
  • Set scheduled departure for 7 days: Car will finish charging by 6am everyday and pre-condition every day
  • Set scheduled departure for 7 days, with "only precondition weekdays": Car will finish charging by 6am every day, then pre-condition for your set time M-F
There appears to be no way to set Scheduled Departure with NO pre-conditioning at all

honestly i'd rather just have the two segregated. i want my car to "always be charged" when i come home, but pre-condition in the mornings. or, at the very least, explain to me how long the pre-conditioning lasts and let me do it before i leave. because turning on the climate does NOT precondition the battery.

Reactions: hcdavis3
honestly i'd rather just have the two segregated. i want my car to "always be charged" when i come home, but pre-condition in the mornings. or, at the very least, explain to me how long the pre-conditioning lasts and let me do it before i leave. because turning on the climate does NOT precondition the battery.

I hear a loud humming noise when my battery is cold and I use the app to turn on the cabin heat. I do not think I am hearing the heater fan - it sounds more like the car is energizing the motor to create heat so it can pump it through the battery and warm it up.

But I haven't investigated more closely to see if that's what's actually happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up