Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Departure Confusion.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can this be used in conjunction scheduled charging?

It specifically stops charging at 6am (this isn't the time you set?) When Does it start?

It would be nice to have charging start at 12:00 or later, end at 6:00 (12-6 are my super off peak hours). Then warm up the interior before I leave for work.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Can this be used in conjunction scheduled charging?

It specifically stops charging at 6am (this isn't the time you set?) When Does it start?

It would be nice to have charging start at 12:00 or later, end at 6:00 (12-6 are my super off peak hours). Then warm up the interior before I leave for work.
Based on my experience:
The start time for charging is variable. The car determines the start time based on you current state of charge, desired full charge level and your available charging current. I am pretty sure it will calculate to stop by 6am for off peak pricing.

Even if it has stopped charging, it will wake up and pre heat the car just before your scheduled departure time so that it is warm when your departure time arrives.

Based on my experience:
The start time for charging is variable. The car determines the start time based on you current state of charge, desired full charge level and your available charging current. I am pretty sure it will calculate to stop by 6am for off peak pricing.

Even if it has stopped charging, it will wake up and pre heat the car just before your scheduled departure time so that it is warm when your departure time arrives.
this will work for me, but how do they know my off peak pricing will stop at 6am?

I have been using this feature since last week, observed unexpected behavior on the weekend: I had departure time set for 7:30 on week-days only. I had a trip on Sunday and arrived home mid-afternoon, parked in garage and plugged in. The car started charging immediately and completed charging before the evening, it did pre-heat the car in the morning, but I was expecting not to charge in the afternoon but wait for overnight. It does wait during week-days even if I plugin early, but seems to be confused on Sunday (maybe thinks it is still the weekend, so schedule does not apply, not thinking ahead that next morning is Monday when it should apply).

I enabled it but it said it would start charging at the usual 12:00. I also changed NOA to do not require lane change confirmation, and sure enough it still requires lane change confirmation. I don't get it....
I set it to “off”. Did a reboot. Then set it to scheduled departure and picked a time.

Prior to that it was still starting at my scheduled 10pm charge start time.

I have been using this feature since last week, observed unexpected behavior on the weekend: I had departure time set for 7:30 on week-days only. I had a trip on Sunday and arrived home mid-afternoon, parked in garage and plugged in. The car started charging immediately and completed charging before the evening, it did pre-heat the car in the morning, but I was expecting not to charge in the afternoon but wait for overnight. It does wait during week-days even if I plugin early, but seems to be confused on Sunday (maybe thinks it is still the weekend, so schedule does not apply, not thinking ahead that next morning is Monday when it should apply).
i think it's more simple than that. Saturday and Sunday are weekends. M-F are weekdays. Scheduled charging will not be delayed on a Sunday, but your car will be "ready" for your scheduled departure.

It may seem confusing, but you have to think like a machine. This is programming 101.

I also changed NOA to do not require lane change confirmation, and sure enough it still requires lane change confirmation. I don't get it....
NoA does still require you hands be on the wheel at the moment it wants to start the lane change. That is, if it doesn't feel your hand on the wheel it will wait until it does to change lanes. Is that what you are seeing?

NoA does still require you hands be on the wheel at the moment it wants to start the lane change. That is, if it doesn't feel your hand on the wheel it will wait until it does to change lanes. Is that what you are seeing?
No it keeps requiring the turn signal. Once I start driving I can go back into the settings and sure enough require lane change confirmation is checked again (but you can't change it again until the end of your trip, or the start of the next one).

It seems like the toggle is misused on the scheduled charging screen? Its more like (pick a time to start charging, then pick a departure time, or the whole feature off) My car still won't start charging until 12:00pm, but it says it is set for scheduled departure? I say misused because toggles don't normally work that way.

So it does seem like it will allow me to pick a charging start time, it determines the end time no later than 6am, but then it will turn on the climate control before my departure too?

i think it's more simple than that. Saturday and Sunday are weekends. M-F are weekdays. Scheduled charging will not be delayed on a Sunday, but your car will be "ready" for your scheduled departure.

It may seem confusing, but you have to think like a machine. This is programming 101.
What happens on Fridays? If I arrive home from work and plug in, it will delay charging because it's a "weekday" but then at midnight, it becomes a "weekend"....

I dunno, but it's not working like I assumed after playing with it more last night it actually started working (I think correctly). It started charging at 1:30 am not 12:00 like I had it set to. Hmmm.

Still haven't gotten the NOA option to stick. But I played with that too, maybe this time it will stick for the ride home.

What happens on Fridays? If I arrive home from work and plug in, it will delay charging because it's a "weekday" but then at midnight, it becomes a "weekend"....

Exactly!
Today when I got home it did not start charging, now when I just checked my App, it says "Charging scheduled, it will start at 00:00". Previous week-days it was stating that charging will start at 2am or 2:30am.

Okay, I set up the scheduled departure option last night for a 8:45 AM departure. On my App it showed that Charging will start at 2:40 AM. Apparently, because I turn my phone off every night the charging did not start until I turned my phone on this morning. Does anyone know why. What happens to those who don’t use the phone as a key?