Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it seem the scheduled departure feature is still finicky. It has worked well in my case by finishing at 6am for a 6.30am departure. The one odd thing I noticed is on Friday. When the car is home at 4.30pm and plugged in, it starts charging. While not a huge deal this time of year, this would be 2x the night rate during summer. I haven't found any info on the hours it starts, just when it stops (6am). What TOU plan is low priced at 4.30pm?

If I hit stop charging, it stops... then starts again. Do others have similar experiences?

Yes, had all those same things happen, which is why I've reverted to the old "charge starting at x" method.
Would love to switch it back when it works reliably, but I'd want the following....

1. Decouple the "end charge at" and "pre-condition to leave at" options. Being able to set their times independently, including the option to only set one of them.
2. Complete free range for those times, I don't want it to stop at 6am, I want it later, just before I go to work.
3. If I tell it to stop from the app, it should stop until the next day, or have a resume schedule option from the app.
4. No more trickle charging after it's finished the main charge. Twice now I've not used the car over the weekend, and found it's crept up from 90% Saturday morning to 100% by Monday morning.
5. Ability to set the times separately for week days and weekends, preferably the ability to set it per day.

Yes, had all those same things happen, which is why I've reverted to the old "charge starting at x" method.
Would love to switch it back when it works reliably, but I'd want the following....

1. Decouple the "end charge at" and "pre-condition to leave at" options. Being able to set their times independently, including the option to only set one of them.
2. Complete free range for those times, I don't want it to stop at 6am, I want it later, just before I go to work.
3. If I tell it to stop from the app, it should stop until the next day, or have a resume schedule option from the app.
4. No more trickle charging after it's finished the main charge. Twice now I've not used the car over the weekend, and found it's crept up from 90% Saturday morning to 100% by Monday morning.
5. Ability to set the times separately for week days and weekends, preferably the ability to set it per day.

I agree with your suggestions. I've experienced the same issues, but only in the last month or so.Before that it worked quite well. But I would still like to see a separate option for conditioning and the ability to set a daily schedule like the Nissan Leaf has.
This morning was even weirder. When it was first introduced it worked quite well. Now it is stuck on finishing by 5:30 AM no matter what time I set as my departure. Today the car finished charging twice: at 5:33 and again at 6:54.. When it was first introduced it worked quite well. After being stuck on finishing by 5:30 AM no matter what time I set as my departure. Today the car finished charging twice: at 5:33 and again at 6:54 although it was set for a 7:30 AM departure at 80%.

Attachments

• IMG-2068.PNG
    IMG-2068.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG-2069.JPG
    IMG-2069.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: