Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching Between Scheduled and Scheduled Departure Leads to Errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again I found that switching to Scheduled Charging then back to Scheduled Departure leads to the car charging when it shouldn't.

We've been using SD for months without a single error. I switched to SC for one night, then switched back. Since then, it has started charging as soon as the car is plugged in. It's annoying because the peak rate is $.53/kWh (vs. $.34/kWh).

I've heard others mention this. Anyway to get it back on track? I've just done a two-button reset.

Schedule.jpg

I've had alot of issues with the car switching from Scheduled Departure to Scheduled charging. I have just kept trying to set it back to Scheduled Departure in the app. I can't say that it's been very effective at keeping the setting. This happens with both the Model 3 and the Model Y.

I've had alot of issues with the car switching from Scheduled Departure to Scheduled charging. I have just kept trying to set it back to Scheduled Departure in the app. I can't say that it's been very effective at keeping the setting. This happens with both the Model 3 and the Model Y.
The car overrides the app. Make changes in the car first and then make changes in the app to agree. I have switched between SD and SC a couple of times with no issue. Always in the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and 804son
Here's proof that something is not right. At 6:30 am, the car was not charging and said it would be ready at 9:45, but it needed 5 hr 45 minutes to charge.
That's when the cabin heating will be ready. The time at which it will start charging is dependent on what you have your peak versus off peak times defined, and we don't see that anywhere in your screen shots. That might be any time at all and might not be set for ending the off-peak time window at 9:45.

That's why that setting is so horribly confusing. It was damn stupid of Tesla to smoosh together two such unrelated settings into one switch.

Off-peak was and is set to 11 am.
OK, there's the additional information. Yeah, counting back from finishing at 11 AM, if it needed 5 hours and 45 minutes to charge, that should have started charging about 5:15 AM. So I agree, at 6:30, it should have still been charging.
The car would NOT have been ready to depart at 9:45 if I hadn't told it to start charging.
The charging doesn't relate to the cabin being warm enough to depart at 9:45.