Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedules Departure- Depart At...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. So I’m reading that this is fixed at 6am but I can set mine to anytime so am I missing something?

Basically my cheap rate is 12:30am to 4:30am (Octopus Go like many of you I’m sure) so that’s when I want to charge. Obviously precondition is fixed so does that mean my car stays preconditioned from 4:30am!!?

Hi. So I’m reading that this is fixed at 6am but I can set mine to anytime so am I missing something?

Basically my cheap rate is 12:30am to 4:30am (Octopus Go like many of you I’m sure) so that’s when I want to charge. Obviously precondition is fixed so does that mean my car stays preconditioned from 4:30am!!?

The car will work out when it needs to start charging so that you can depart with a pre-conditioned vehicle at whatever time you set. It will therefore not charge during your cheap rate ... well it will if you set your departure time as 4:45am but I doubt that's what you want! You don't need a brain the size of a planet to spot that Tesla haven't got this right for people such as you and me who use Octopus Go!

Ah I see. Then I’ll just use Tesla old scheduled start time and Teslafi for scheduled stop.

Yes, if you've got Teslafi you are all set. It just seems surprising that Tesla didn't give us a timer for start and stop and a separate departure timer for the preconditioning. Anyway, meantime people just need to make their breakfast routine include switching the heating on via the app (if they don't have Teslafi).

Reactions: drewpost