Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratched!!! But Good!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 today at the Costa Mesa site and it could not have gone better. When we got there, I was taken into the lounge after a few minutes. I didn’t even have a chance to sit down. Once there I was scanning to see if our Midnight Silver was there. At first I didn’t see it, but then around the corner it was there! I saw someone later going over the car and immediately thought it was theirs and a slight bit of disappointment set in, only to realize there were really Tesla folks going over the final touches. Everyone was super nice and we were taken to get our car within 10 minutes of getting to the lounge. Paperwork was a breeze and going over the car was super quick. Couldn’t find any scratches or misalignment of any panels after reading all the horror stories here. Got the ovation while leaving and drove home. Super smooth ride! Only to scratch the curb when parking. My front rim has a scratch on it now. Got super scolded to by my wife and ruined a happy occasion, but she got over it(I hope!). Overall, super satisfied with the whole delivery process even though my IDA only responded to one of my emails. Time to learn the car and enjoy!!

Congrats! Damage like that will happen sooner or later. Just sucks it happened so soon.

My wife ran our 1 month old mazda3 into the side of the garage -_-. What's sad is after 2 years, that's still the only damage on the car lol.

I picked up my Model 3 today at the Costa Mesa site and it could not have gone better. When we got there, I was taken into the lounge after a few minutes. I didn’t even have a chance to sit down. Once there I was scanning to see if our Midnight Silver was there. At first I didn’t see it, but then around the corner it was there! I saw someone later going over the car and immediately thought it was theirs and a slight bit of disappointment set in, only to realize there were really Tesla folks going over the final touches. Everyone was super nice and we were taken to get our car within 10 minutes of getting to the lounge. Paperwork was a breeze and going over the car was super quick. Couldn’t find any scratches or misalignment of any panels after reading all the horror stories here. Got the ovation while leaving and drove home. Super smooth ride! Only to scratch the curb when parking. My front rim has a scratch on it now. Got super scolded to by my wife and ruined a happy occasion, but she got over it(I hope!). Overall, super satisfied with the whole delivery process even though my IDA only responded to one of my emails. Time to learn the car and enjoy!!
Time heals all wounds. Two weeks after getting my car I damaged my back bumper backing in to my parking space in my parking garage at work. I "just" touched an electrical outlet that protruded from a column along the wall, although the "touch" was enough to leave four small indentions in the bumper, through the paint. I couldn't believe I did it and was devastated. Now I hardly think about it.

Enjoy your car. The wheel rash is a minor detail in the big picture.