Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratches on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, as I have posted before I have had problems with visibility when using the wipers. After much complaining I convinced the SC replace them and things improved. There's still a spot that gets streaky but since it's not right in my field of vision I can live with it.

One thing I've been noticing though is that, as time goes by, the windshield is getting quite noticeable scratches along the trajectory of the wipers. They are the most noticeable when it rains and the water pools on them. Is anyone experiencing the same?

Given the nature of the issue it's quite tricky to take pictures but I'll keep trying ;)

The loaner X I'm driving now has the same issue. The windshield is scratched, so wipers make a lot of noice and don't work well. If it were my car, I would have the windshield professionally buffed and hope it solves the issue.

The loaner X I'm driving now has the same issue. The windshield is scratched, so wipers make a lot of noice and don't work well. If it were my car, I would have the windshield professionally buffed and hope it solves the issue.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of asking my detailer to buff it next time I take it in. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Hello everyone, as I have posted before I have had problems with visibility when using the wipers. After much complaining I convinced the SC replace them and things improved. There's still a spot that gets streaky but since it's not right in my field of vision I can live with it.

One thing I've been noticing though is that, as time goes by, the windshield is getting quite noticeable scratches along the trajectory of the wipers. They are the most noticeable when it rains and the water pools on them. Is anyone experiencing the same?

Given the nature of the issue it's quite tricky to take pictures but I'll keep trying ;)

I posted on another forum but same issues. I was watching you tube videos and found that cerium oxide works for light scratches. This kit from Amazon worked liked a charm. I had scratches from scraping ice off the windshield and windows. Took about ten minutes but I was able to buff out the scratches using a cordless drill. You don't need a lot of it just enough to coat the scratch. Wipe away and see if you need to repeat. Save $ going to detailer.

Amazon.com: Glass Polishing Kit for all Types of Glass and Car Windshield Wiper Blade Scratches: Home Improvement

Ml
I posted on another forum but same issues. I was watching you tube videos and found that cerium oxide works for light scratches. This kit from Amazon worked liked a charm. I had scratches from scraping ice off the windshield and windows. Took about ten minutes but I was able to buff out the scratches using a cordless drill. You don't need a lot of it just enough to coat the scratch. Wipe away and see if you need to repeat. Save $ going to detailer.

Amazon.com: Glass Polishing Kit for all Types of Glass and Car Windshield Wiper Blade Scratches: Home Improvement

That sounds great. Thanks for the info and sorry for duplicating a post, I couldn't see any that matched my issue.