Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, even though the package arrived damaged, I was able to install the matt screen protector I purchased from amazon strait, with no bubbles, and no dust under the protector! In all my years of trying to put screen protectors on cell phones this is the first time I have had a success on the first attempt!

Keith
Which one did you get? I was thinking of the one from abstract ocean but if I can do Amazon cheaper im in.

Ya, I had the same experience. It went on fast and no bubbles or first underneath. I chalked it up to being a fresh delivery at the time, no dust in the car. I got the thinsgo mate protector. I thought it was just a film but turned out to be hard protector.

+1 for the Spigen.

It’s a really well thought out application process. Mine looks flawless (decided to go with the glossy). I did put it on as soon as the vehicle got home from delivery day. Dust and such was really easily taken care of at that point.

I highly recommend new customers to research and purchase your accessories ahead of delivery.

+1 for the Spigen.

It’s a really well thought out application process. Mine looks flawless (decided to go with the glossy). I did put it on as soon as the vehicle got home from delivery day. Dust and such was really easily taken care of at that point.

I highly recommend new customers to research and purchase your accessories ahead of delivery.

I put on the screen protector within a few days of delivery, and the interior of my demo car was immaculately clean when I received it... so dust was easily eliminated when I put on the screen protector.

LOL, only problem with pre-ordering accessories is if you switch up your order :) My original order was for a LR, so I have a storage bag for my aero caps, and the center cap and lug nut cover kit for the Gemini wheels :D Also, I was trying to order the rear door PPF, but I was lucky that it was out of stock since the car I ended up with had the PPF on the rear doors already.

This isn't really a problem since I plan to purchase some almost new used 19" Gemini wheels / tires and sell the almost new 21" Uberturbines, so the center caps and aero cover storage bag will come in handy eventually :)

Keith

PS: Speaking of accessories, something nobody seems to talk about here but I am willing to bet most people get... some kind of steering wheel weight. I pay attention to the road in auto-pilot, and with hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel on a strait road out of the corner of my eye I see blinking blue "put your hands on the wheel you maniac!!!" I am not going to be napping, or crawling into the back seat like a Darwin award candidate... but I will be getting a weight for the steering wheel.

Last edited:
I used this one on my Model Y and the girlfriend's Model 3 -- easy to install and was able to do it without any dust or hair or air bubbles.

+1 on the Spigen for me. I didn't even remove the factory plastic cover until I was ready to drop on the Spigen. It was worth the few extra $$$ to have the template and have it done in seconds with no issues. The matte finish is awesome for less glare too.