Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

searching for people who have invested life savings in Tesla stock for possible story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did invest my life savings and more into Tesla common stock at 28, and maxed out my margin too. I sold most before the top, and I doubt that you will find anyone who held their entire life savings in it all the way to 153. Anyway, I'll shoot you an email.

I did invest my life savings and more into Tesla common stock at 28, and maxed out my margin too. I sold most before the top, and I doubt that you will find anyone who held their entire life savings in it all the way to 153. Anyway, I'll shoot you an email.

I put in all of life savings. Got in at $52, have held all the way through. But have an "insurance policy". Will be adding more shares as I go. Missed most of the Apple ride, all of Google, don't want to miss this one, which will be bigger than both.

Well, I guess I did but that probably doesn't mean too much considering I had very little "life savings". I remember wanting to get involved very early after college when it was around low $20's, but just didn't have any "savings". Was married, looking for a job, etc. I guess as soon as I was able to start saving a little money each month, I started putting it in at the low $30's and high $20's. And that's continued till just about now. Used to be only stock (buy and hold) but just got into options. Wish I would have known about options earlier :)

Now that I'm thinking back at all the things I did, I was (am ? ) pretty irresponsible. I never even expected this type of growth. I'm still 100% in TSLA in my personal account, IRA, and wifes accounts. So now need to really consider whether I should diversify or at least hedge with some puts (I didn't even used to do that!).

Will try to send you an email. Would love to also hear some others stories. I know I'm not alone :)

Student here, I put in ~50% of my net worth at $34/share. My net worth is quite low, I expect to make decent money when I graduate, I have no dependents and my student loans are all dirt cheap (.5 percentage points higher than inflation, lower than a normal savings account). So it was a gamble, while seeing Tesla's potential.

I have been in the whole way up, but I'm seriously considering taking some profits now. It's now the second time I get serious vertigo. The original intent was to keep the stock for 10 years as the company executed their vision, but the stock price is today where I thought it would be five years from now. Keep in mind that your news story could end up looking very silly in 3 years as the valuation goes down 50% from today's extremely bullish and forward-looking level ;)