Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Position - Memory loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had this...

So, i park up, hop out and head into my parent's house, the wife was staying in the car. When i come back wife is going mental that car alarm was going off, id left my phone in the car with her so didn't see the alert.

Anyway, i get in and stick it into drive, dash says no key found and the seat goes from easy entry to my settings only is moved all the way forward, up and pushed the back of the chair all the way forward.

It now appears that my own seat position is totally lost even the easy entry setting is lost as its trying to adjust to something a drawf would struggle with...

Anyone else noticed this.

Different, but maybe same cause?

Go to e.g. Supercharger. Both wife and I have keys with us. Mine is (deliberately) left in the cup holder. I get out to "plug in", and meantime my seat moves to her setting's position.

Lots of variations on this theme, and also if wife gets to car first, passenger side, that moves the driver seat to her position.

In old days, before "Seat position tied to Key Fob" the method would be:

Go on a trip for a few days, I'll be doing all the drving, get in and change (on dashboard) seat from Herself to Himself. Stayed there the whole trip. Wife would then change it back to Herself when she drove ... and it would stay there.

Now, its a lottery as to where the seat goes, and it will move multiple times during a trip even though my wife won't be driving

EDIT: I've also noticed that it doesn't full move from herself to Myself when I get in with my key. Bigscreen has my name-setting on it, and when I click that the seat moves the rest of the way. I think I have found the cause which is if I get in before it has finished moving; now I open the door and watch it move until it stops ... then get in. Proper 1st world problem ...

my own seat position is totally lost

Not available if you push "your name" on big screen?

Did you associate seat setting with key fob?

and for your wife's key too?

Thanks that’s interesting but my wife doesn’t have a key, she doesn’t drive the MX and spare key is locked away.

After this happened anytime I pressed my name on the driver profile the seat just tried to move for Tom Thumb.

I only have one driver profile and easy entry but actually the easy entry position was messed up also.

I ended up deleting my profile and creating a new one gonna have to setup easy entry again and my seat position, took a while to get it just right so now to try again ;)

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I deleted both easy entry and driver profile then started again :)

Hopefully was just a one-off glitch then. Strangely enough I had one of those random one-off glitches this morning. I sat in the car, tapped in the PIN, seat moved from easy-entry to my driving position as normal, tried to select drive, but instead it remained in P and the seat moved back to easy-entry and the PIN code entry screen popped back up. Had a double take and re-entered the PIN. Same thing happened again, just kept reverting back to the entry position every time I selected Drive after successfully entering the PIN. After 3 tries I got out of the car, locked it and started again from scratch. All fine!

Every so often (maybe once every few months) I get random glitches like this, but they never seem to repeat. I guess it's just the nature of driving an over-sized pc around! I've just learned to re-boot and carry on when odd things happen.

Yeah I reboot my work machine at least twice a day so having to do your car once a month isn’t a biggie :)

I got in mine the other day and it went black nothing would work or come on. Reboot sorted it, when in doubt turn it off and on again.

ha, ha. Yeah I've had that too. Doesn't happen very often though and always sorted with a reboot. Interesting that my iMac can work happily for a year or more without a reboot and the only Apps that ever seem to crash on it are Microsoft ones!

True my iMac has been on for an age don’t remember the last time I turned it off or rebooted. Just goes to sleep and wakes up when I need it and it’s a 2011 iMac so a bit of an old guy these days.

Yep, mine's a late 2013 model and still going strong. Previous one from around 2008 did die eventually, but was equally reliable when working. Also have a 2012 MacBook Pro still working fine, although it did need a repair recently (as it started randomly powering itself down). Amazingly I still have a perfectly functioning 2009 iPhone 3GS and an even older original 2002 iPod, which are now both enjoying retirement providing music storage for various docking stations of similar vintage.

Thanks, that's a good idea. My daughter has a nice speaker-thing, but it has an old iPhone adaptor; I expect we've still got a suitable old phone kicking around in a drawer.

Yeah, we have an original spec B&W Zeppelin with the previous iPod/iPhone connector. It was before they added Wifi for a streaming option too, so it needs an attached device to function. The 3GS and old iPods are perfect for it. I just leave one sat on there and sync with my latest playlists occasionally.