Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Rubbing on Armrest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I recently noticed my right Falcon Wing Door seat has been rubbing on the armrest, this happens when the seat is at its most forward position. I have a 6 seater without a console. I wanted to know if anyone else has this issue.

Seat Rubbing.JPG
Seat Rubbing 2.JPG

5-seater: I have a little rubbing between the backrest part of the seat against the wood trim of the door when the seat is pushed into a ridiculously full recline. This does not restrict any movement though, just a small squeak. In "standard" sitting positions, the 5-seater chairs do not rub against any part of the falcon doors.The seat never comes in contact with the arm rest.

** Video Sound Warning: there is a squeak I intentionally left in that may be loud for those with ear phones.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the left rear passenger seat has 1 inch of space between the door and the and the seat. Whereas on the right side there is no space between the door and the seat. My concern is not the seat rubbing on the armrest it is that the seat might be mounted to close to the door.

I had rubbing and the corresponding squeak in my S between the driver seat and center console. I talked to my local Ranger (or whatever they are called now) and he put a lubricant on to and no more squeak! That was 6 months ago and all is still quiet.

So my advice is talk to Tesla and get that awful squeak silenced.