Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Warmers via Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been noticing that the seat warmers do not seem to respond to the changes made in the app. Anyone else notice this?

I've been using my phone to get the car warmed and ready for me to depart work and while it's very effective and convenient, it doesn't appear that the seat warmer adjustments ever get made.

Just wondering if this is an issue with my particular car or a universal issue with the app and/or app to car connection.

As I understand, seat warmer does not heat up (even if it is on) unless someone is sitting on top of it (pressure sensing). You could try putting a weight in the driver seat when you leave the car and see if it works.
Thanks. That may be part of the explanation indeed. I just noticed something else today as I walked out to my car.

I first opened the passenger door to put my bag on the seat and then I walked around to the driver's side door and opened it. On both occasions, the temperature and the seat warmers were set to what I had programed into the app. But when I sat down in the seat (yes, it felt cold so I think you're right) and put my foot on the brake the settings reverted to what I had on when I originally parked the car.

It seems like an odd choice to give us control over the seat warmers in the app but they won't activate until someone sits in them! What's the point of that?? If I'm IN the car I can easily set the seat warmers to the desired setting.

As I understand, seat warmer does not heat up (even if it is on) unless someone is sitting on top of it (pressure sensing). You could try putting a weight in the driver seat when you leave the car and see if it works.

Uh, that's not true. I pre-heat my seats in my Model 3 just about every day. They're always nice and toasty before I get in.

Thanks. That may be part of the explanation indeed. I just noticed something else today as I walked out to my car.

I first opened the passenger door to put my bag on the seat and then I walked around to the driver's side door and opened it. On both occasions, the temperature and the seat warmers were set to what I had programed into the app. But when I sat down in the seat (yes, it felt cold so I think you're right) and put my foot on the brake the settings reverted to what I had on when I originally parked the car.

It seems like an odd choice to give us control over the seat warmers in the app but they won't activate until someone sits in them! What's the point of that?? If I'm IN the car I can easily set the seat warmers to the desired setting.

Right. That would be pointless. Which is why that's NOT how that works. You can absolutely pre-heat the seats without being in the car. If you use the Easy Entry profile, that's what the heated seats are working off when you access them remotely. So when you get in the car and press the brake, it reverts to your "regular driving" profile, where the heated seats were likely not on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
Right. That would be pointless. Which is why that's NOT how that works. You can absolutely pre-heat the seats without being in the car. If you use the Easy Entry profile, that's what the heated seats are working off when you access them remotely. So when you get in the car and press the brake, it reverts to your "regular driving" profile, where the heated seats were likely not on.
OK thanks. That makes a lot more sense. I'll test it out again next week.