Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seats are not as comfortable as anticipated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize seat comfort is subjective and I'll probably get some laughs here but I'm really curious if anyone has experienced the same discomfort.

I have a 2022 LR built in March, black interior. At some point, while driving with just a thin pair of basketball shorts on I started getting a uncomfortable feeling from the seam between the back and middle sections on the bottom cushion. At first I passed it off as just needing to adjust the fabric on my shorts but I started increasingly feeling it on overy slight bump in the road. It's like Chinese water torture of my goods every time I drive. I've NEVER had this kind of problem with seat comfort and I've owned almost 20 cars and motorcycles, from SUVs to trucks, coupes and hatchbacks. I'm 5'8 around 175lbs athletic, so I think I'm well within any size limits. It got so bad I just bought a seat cushion.

Does anyone else have experience with odd pressure points like this? I'm considering taking it to Tesla so they can tell me it's "in spec", thus solidifying my decision to avoid Teslas in the future. I can excuse some of the small things, but this kind of kills the joy I had in this car.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Mine is pretty comfortable, but they completely forgot to put a piece of foam on the lower side of the passenger seat and it was caved in a little. They replaced the entire seat to resolve it. So there are sometimes issues with the seats.

If you're near a service center, I'd drive down and ask if you can sit in a different car and see if it feels different. If so, put in a service request.

Reactions: DocHolliday
The seat bottoms in my Model Y are comfortable, but almost *all* Tesla vehicles suffer from the seat backs being far too tall and the head rests in the front seats being non-adjustable. They seemed to have located them at a height appropriate for people who are at least 6' tall.

It's kind of ridiculous, and actually could be a little dangerous in crashes, where the headrests actually push passengers' heads forward because of how high the seats are, with no neck support.

I realize seat comfort is subjective and I'll probably get some laughs here but I'm really curious if anyone has experienced the same discomfort.

I have a 2022 LR built in March, black interior. At some point, while driving with just a thin pair of basketball shorts on I started getting a uncomfortable feeling from the seam between the back and middle sections on the bottom cushion. At first I passed it off as just needing to adjust the fabric on my shorts but I started increasingly feeling it on overy slight bump in the road. It's like Chinese water torture of my goods every time I drive. I've NEVER had this kind of problem with seat comfort and I've owned almost 20 cars and motorcycles, from SUVs to trucks, coupes and hatchbacks. I'm 5'8 around 175lbs athletic, so I think I'm well within any size limits. It got so bad I just bought a seat cushion.

Does anyone else have experience with odd pressure points like this? I'm considering taking it to Tesla so they can tell me it's "in spec", thus solidifying my decision to avoid Teslas in the future. I can excuse some of the small things, but this kind of kills the joy I had in this car.
I find the seats very uncomfortable. Especially on long drives. I have sensitivity and found any lumps or bumps and squeeze all very annoying to painful. The seams are held down deeply into the foam and you should not feel them. I speculate that one of the clips pulled out of the foam. That foam and seat cover would have to be taken out and redone. I know how to do that. Tesla service would likely have to replace the entire assembly. I feel your pain.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
My wife absolutely loves them. Says they are more comfortable than the seats in her GV70 which are firmer. I think they feel great at when you first sit in them as they are pretty soft but they got a little uncomfortable over time but most of that has been rectified through trial and error through adjustments. Not the best I have had but better than my last BMW which had the M-performance seats that didn't have enough cushioning.