TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Second Row Center Console

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by O-G, Nov 25, 2015.

1. O-G

O-G Member

Is there anything in the production ordering that indicates there is a console in the second row of the 6 seat option? The founder 6 seat vehicle at the reveal had one but I have not been able to get any confirmation if the Sigs will be delivered with it or if it will be an option in the future.

2. timf

timf Member

The screenshots I've seen make no reference to a rear center console nor do they show anything but a gap between the second row seats. In fact, it even calls out the gap as one of the benefits of having the 6 seat configuration. I would not expect the console anytime soon.

3. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

On reveal night, I believe someone asked Franz von Holhausen about the rear center console, and Franz said that it was at that stage only an option that was being considered for final production.

If I were configuring, I would prefer the gap. It's better for long items and it is a comfortable place for DOG to sit.

4. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

Yes - that was me. See http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55080-6-Seat-vs-7-Seat-Options

5. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Somewhere in another thread TM confirmed that there is no rear center console planned at this time. However, as with all things Tesla, that could change tomorrow. Rest assured that some aftermarket supplier will jump in and fill the void as they did with the MS.