Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Row Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What we've seen so far from the prototype is a minivan setup with 2 seats in the middle row. Since the 3rd row is optional, how will the 2nd row be set up? Bench? or 2 seats with one jumper?

Welcome lhrmeonom to the forum. I'm not sure where you go the impression that the 2nd row only has 2 seats, but the Model-X will have a 2-3-2 configuration (if you decide to pay for the optional 3rd row). The 2nd row will have 3 seats that appear to be independent of each other (i.e. they can move forward/backward independently). So, no bench but rather 3 individual seats.

These are supposed to be a thing of beauty and it may be the cause for further production delays. Elon Musk keeps raving how great they are.

Welcome lhrmeonom to the forum. I'm not sure where you go the impression that the 2nd row only has 2 seats, but the Model-X will have a 2-3-2 configuration (if you decide to pay for the optional 3rd row). The 2nd row will have 3 seats that appear to be independent of each other (i.e. they can move forward/backward independently). So, no bench but rather 3 individual seats.

These are supposed to be a thing of beauty and it may be the cause for further production delays. Elon Musk keeps raving how great they are.

I personally have no idea how they can be so great, so I'm very curious for the reveal...

Hi Vandacca, I got the impression of a 2-2-3 set up from the prototype Model X we've seen in the 2012 announcement.