TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Second Row Seats

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Local host, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Local host

Local host Member

2. lucy

lucy bluehair

I'm just worried that they won't fold down very well if they are so scuptural!
    I gotta have a flat place for my mattress when I'm glamping!

3. lhrmeonom

lhrmeonom New Member

What we've seen so far from the prototype is a minivan setup with 2 seats in the middle row. Since the 3rd row is optional, how will the 2nd row be set up? Bench? or 2 seats with one jumper?

4. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Welcome lhrmeonom to the forum. I'm not sure where you go the impression that the 2nd row only has 2 seats, but the Model-X will have a 2-3-2 configuration (if you decide to pay for the optional 3rd row). The 2nd row will have 3 seats that appear to be independent of each other (i.e. they can move forward/backward independently). So, no bench but rather 3 individual seats.

These are supposed to be a thing of beauty and it may be the cause for further production delays. Elon Musk keeps raving how great they are.

5. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

I personally have no idea how they can be so great, so I'm very curious for the reveal...

6. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

gizmoboy, you are the only one skeptical about the 2nd row seats. Everyone else on this forum is patient and fully confident that they will be a marvel to look at. </sarcasm>

7. lhrmeonom

lhrmeonom New Member

Hi Vandacca, I got the impression of a 2-2-3 set up from the prototype Model X we've seen in the 2012 announcement.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The 2012 prototype was 2-3-2.

9. lhrmeonom

lhrmeonom New Member

You're right! Thinking that the seats would swivel I didn't even consider the possibility of the second row being 3 seats!

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#10 NigelM, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016