Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Secret for searching Tesla CPO new and used inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the frustrating things about searching Tesla’s online new and used inventory is that you are restricted to a 200 mile radius around a specific city. While you can change that city manually, does anyone know of a workaround in order to view everything in the country available, in the same way the sales representatives have that access?

After searching some more, it does look like everything is there. I was seeing post tax credit prices on tesla.com, not realizing they are the same as what is on your site, just pre credit.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Yes, Tesla likes playing that game to lower the perceived advertised price, so people think they're getting a deal. Sure, most people qualify for the tax credit, but they don't actually get it until they file their taxes the following year. EV-CPO always shows the true purchase price, and I leave it up to the buyer to do the tax credit math.

Also, you said 'CPO options' which are the used cars which have no tax credits applied to the pricing -- only the new/inventory cars qualify.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Yes, Tesla likes playing that game to lower the perceived advertised price, so people think they're getting a deal. Sure, most people qualify for the tax credit, but they don't actually get it until they file their taxes the following year. EV-CPO always shows the true purchase price, and I leave it up to the buyer to do the tax credit math.

Also, you said 'CPO options' which are the used cars which have no tax credits applied to the pricing -- only the new/inventory cars qualify.

When I search on your site with "classic" it's not listing new X's. Its been this way for over a month. It shows used cars but not new.

I've had to make a lot of changes to the database to support all the new options and Model 3 and new MS/MX Raven options, so I'm not surprised parts of 'Classic' are no longer compatible. I can take a quick look to see of there's something simple I can update to get it working again, but I can't guarantee that I can get it working, or if I do, how long it will stay working as I continue to make changes to the database and core logic to support new cars, options, trims, etc.

here's the secret. Find a sales advisor and have him search the inventory... They have access to cars before they get listed on the website. I purchased an inventory 2018 P100D with 600 miles for $83500. And I got the federal tax credit (3750) and SoCal Edison rebate (1000) on top of that. My car was tagged to be be sold and had to be "released" from the store so it never made it to the Tesla site.