Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing the world the wrong way in v9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is incredibly cool data and awesome videos. Thanks @verygreen!

When I have Navigate on Autopilot enabled I have seen it warn that construction was detected. When you drove through the construction, I didn't see any indication that it recognized anything construction related. Do you know what it is "seeing" to determine it is in a construction zone?

huh? what do you mean by "approximation"? the objects and stuff are directly from the autopilot state, it's not like I have a parallel computing engine to do those or some such.

You could preface each of your videos that not all data is processed and frame rate is not actual.

I know you make note of it in description but it gets lost and is not visible when your videos are linked.

@verygreen do you have a video of what AP sees when there is large vertical change in camera orientation, such as going over a hill?

I am wondering at which angle depth perception is affected.
the change is pretty gradual (unless you fall off a cliff I guess?) so there's nothing unexpected happening there. Either way cameras seem to be mostly owrking on a frame by frame (or pair of frames?) basis so why would it matter?

Here is the same car in two different locations (work and home) and a few days are missing due to the access point being off.
upload_2018-11-21_10-24-5.png

upload_2018-11-21_10-24-11.png