Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self-install Carbon Wing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
I broke the CF wing on my car a day or so after taking delivery. It was just a spider crack, but 2.5 years later it's getting worse and I'm finally looking to replace it. Back when it happened, Tesla was asking (IIRC) in the neighborhood of $900 to replace it, and it just wasn't worth it for me. With options available now in the $250-$300 range, I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

Trying to avoid having to go to the SC for this though. Anyone take off and install one? Do you need to heat up the glue to remove? Is the install basically cleaning the area and sticking it on? Would hate to lose it going down the interstate :tongue:

Use a dental floss string and gently go back and forth under the trunk spoiler until it comes off.

Although your budget is $250 to 300, have you checked out our trunk spoiler? Unplugged Performance | Unplugged Performance Trunk Spoiler While it might not be in your budget, it is completely carbon, not a wrap over, and stretches to the edge of the trunk.
UP4.jpg

Use a dental floss string and gently go back and forth under the trunk spoiler until it comes off.

Although your budget is $250 to 300, have you checked out our trunk spoiler? Unplugged Performance | Unplugged Performance Trunk Spoiler While it might not be in your budget, it is completely carbon, not a wrap over, and stretches to the edge of the trunk.

Thanks. I don't really have a "budget" for this, I just figured now that the price wasn't ridiculous, I should get it replaced (couldn't justify it before. small crack, not worth $900). I'm tyring to stick with an OEM look for this though