Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling My Brand New Silver Model X 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to sell my brand new 2016 Silver Model X 90D which I just got few weeks ago. It has around 2300 miles and is in pristine condition. The only reason I'm selling this vehicle is due to the fact that my wife being the primary driver she was missing some parking & other safety features that we used to have in our BMW X5 that we traded. So hate to give it as trade in and hence thought to share it with our club members. It got the below options and we are located in MO.

1. AP 1
2. Sub zero package
3. 7 Seat black leather interior
4. Premium package
5. Black headliner
6. Matte obesche trim

If any one interested please reply or pm me. Attached are some pics.

Asking price: I paid $114k on this car and expecting at least $108k or any best offer is accepted.

Attachments

• DSC_0160.JPG
    DSC_0160.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0159.JPG
    DSC_0159.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 118
Aren't you going to waste the tax credit? Only the original buyer can get it, and I'm pretty sure you have to own the car when you take the credit. First year depreciation is a killer. Take a look at how much Tesla is discounting inventory cars with milage that would still qualify for the tax credit. I don't think you can get anywhere near $108k. It might be worth it to keep it for a while. Good luck either way.

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to sell my brand new 2016 Silver Model X 90D which I just got few weeks ago. It has around 2300 miles and is in pristine condition. The only reason I'm selling this vehicle is due to the fact that my wife being the primary driver she was missing some parking & other safety features that we used to have in our BMW X5 that we traded. So hate to give it as trade in and hence thought to share it with our club members. It got the below options and we are located in MO.

1. AP 1
2. Sub zero package
3. 7 Seat black leather interior
4. Premium package
5. Black headliner
6. Matte obesche trim

If any one interested please reply or pm me. Attached are some pics.

Asking price: I paid $114k on this car and expecting at least $108k or any best offer is accepted.

You may want to move this or post in the Teslas for Sale area instead. Feedback on price for a 90D, AP1, loaded (without UHFD/towing is all it seems) is likely closer to around 90-92K we've seen lately. Inventory ones similar to yours WITH the credit were going for $105K, this actually $98K new around last July/August/Sept.

Delivered a few weeks ago with AP1? How's that? I was under the impression that Tesla switched everyone to HW2.
Also, would you mind sharing the features that you guys miss from the X5 ?

As for the price, it might be a tough one. There's for example a P90D, more miles though, for the same asking. Before tax credit. source : https://ev-cpo.com/

Thanks all for your feedback.. Based on this it seems like I better keep this car and enjoy it for a while... Regarding the features, yes my wife was using the 360 degree camera and Blind spot assist on a daily basis and that was giving her more confidence while driving in freeways and parking our X5 in tight parking spots. I've to admit that these 2 features if came as standard on Model X would have been a game changer for us.

Thanks all for your feedback.. Based on this it seems like I better keep this car and enjoy it for a while... Regarding the features, yes my wife was using the 360 degree camera and Blind spot assist on a daily basis and that was giving her more confidence while driving in freeways and parking our X5 in tight parking spots. I've to admit that these 2 features if came as standard on Model X would have been a game changer for us.

Yep. My wife prefers to drive her Cadillac Escalade even though it's bigger just due to the fact it's easier to park. The Model X is quite big and some parking spots aren't that easy to see where you are within the lines. NO reason why Tesla didn't add a 360 degree camera like many luxury cars (and some cheaper cars too). Also, many many cars have the blind spot detection. It's unbelievable Tesla hasn't added this yet on the mirrors.

Reactions: Blastphemy

Hmm.

$114K minus $7500 = 106.5K

So it doesn't make any sense for someone who can buy new and get the tax credit. Unless that $114K already accounts for the tax credit.

FYI - AP1 does have blindspot monitoring, but it's just not very good. What really sucks for you is it seems like you barely missed AP2, and AP2 will likely have everything you wanted within 6 months.

Just out of curiosity which Firmware version are you at?

What really sucks for you is it seems like you barely missed AP2, and AP2 will likely have everything you wanted within 6 months.

What about a 360 degree camera? Can AP2.0 do that with the current hardware such that it can be enabled in an update? I sure hope so, otherwise they have to bring it out on the S/X somewhat soon if the Model 3 is to have a 360 camera. There's no excuses for the S/X not having that today. It must be coming one way or another.

Well... I've got the best trade in offer so far around $93k. So if you are willing to offer more than that please email me @ [email protected]

So, I've seen this thread and I am of the opinion you're free to ask whatever you want for price. So I'm not chiming in on that aspect. If you want to hold out for it, go ahead. I'm sure someone somewhere at some point will pay what you want.

But when I saw this, I needed to chime in since I don't want you to miss the opportunity. You should probably take that. You probably don't want to hear it, but here's what you're up against:

Two AP1 90Ds were sold in the past week between $95-$98k, new.

Tesla has 2 in cpo-inventory that have higher miles, but are better equipped for the same range as your trade in quote.
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE24GF004107 | Tesla
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE25GF003757 | Tesla

For $108k, you can get a brand new P90D that's still eligible for a tax deduction.
Model X P90D 5YJXCAE45GF005584 | Tesla

Of course they're different colors. So you can certainly hold out for someone looking for that exact car, but that's not a bad trade in offer at all.

• Informative
Reactions: CmdrThor
I was considering upgrading my August 2016 deliver 90D to a 100D. I have every option except the higher charging and 22 inch wheels, MSRP just over $115k and currently 5700 miles. Midnight silver with black leather. X is at SC getting a piece of interior trim replaced so while there I asked sales team for a trade in estimate today. I received the email from Tesla and the trade in offer was $83,800. This is with AP1. Worst depreciation of any vehicle I have owned and I have owned a lot of vehicles. No way in the world I would consider upgrading and taking such a loss. With all the AP1 Model X's in Tesla inventory and Tesla willing to give huge discounts they have really screwed anyone looking to get out of the AP1 Model X right now. Better to hold on until Telsa sells out the current AP1 inventory.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby