Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Troy's latest update. I hope that analysist consensus comes down soon because if we don't meet it we are going to trend down hard IMO. Analyst estimates need to be more realistic and inline with the current economic situation. I am actually concerned about this and I don't think I am just going to seat and watch the stock trend down like it did in December. I hope we get one last push over $200 before P&D to at least close some of my LEAPs.

OF course, now we are Green for the day....
You must have posted exactly at that moment ;)

1678213041205.png

You mean you sold ITM calls at 180 ?

I've sold 182.5 puts ;)
Indeed, the 180C wil go OTM this week, I think. Or at least SP much closer to 180, so I will earn a bit of premium to be left. This week and next week.
Some of you are making the same mistake as in November-januari. In a downtrend, you sell calls, not puts.
I think it will all be short-lived and of course nobody knows the next bottom. I think about $ 143 later in march, but the recovery after whatever bottom could be sudden and steep, so I won't be as stubborn as myself before. Many of you said you learned a lesson, but I not only did so, but am practising this lesson now.
Don't fight against the FED. The stockmarket was leaning on daily SPY options, but today again the bottom fell out of it intraday, so I think tomorrow volume on that will be much less, so markets will get more natural and then, the Vix will go sky-high, fear-index low, Nasdaq to 10.0000 and our dear $TSLA will follow, but resurrect fast and steep again. (SPY to and beyond 348?)
(Plus: I was a fool, not to short Lucid and Rivian the past weeks. I really thought about it, but know too little about them to follow through)

Indeed, the 180C wil go OTM this week, I think. Or at least SP much closer to 180, so I will earn a bit of premium to be left. This week and next week.
Some of you are making the same mistake as in November-januari. In a downtrend, you sell calls, not puts.
I think it will all be short-lived and of course nobody knows the next bottom. I think about $ 143 later in march, but the recovery after whatever bottom could be sudden and steep, so I won't be as stubborn as myself before. Many of you said you learned a lesson, but I not only did so, but am practising this lesson now.
Don't fight against the FED. The stockmarket was leaning on daily SPY options, but today again the bottom fell out of it intraday, so I think tomorrow volume on that will be much less, so markets will get more natural and then, the Vix will go sky-high, fear-index low, Nasdaq to 10.0000 and our dear $TSLA will follow, but resurrect fast and steep again. (SPY to and beyond 348?)
(Plus: I was a fool, not to short Lucid and Rivian the past weeks. I really thought about it, but know too little about them to follow through)
I agree with selling calls given the consolidation phase we are in. But man don’t anticipate what the market will do. Just because we had a similar situation play out previously does not mean we will go down to 145$ especially not in March before a catalyst like P&D yet to come.

Markets can go higher in a high interest rate environment. Personally I’m mixing it up with -Cs and -Ps with more weight for calls. Clearly 186 is key for TSLA so until that breaks I believe we are going to consolidate here. I think we will see 180 this week but we also have jobs numbers on Friday and CPI next week.

And you expect those numbers to be good @vikings123?
And I am not betting on 143 yet, only if we go past 180 in a rapid fashion and with volume.

Honestly I don’t know if the numbers will be good or bad but people like us don’t really impact the market. Just look at what happened last Thursday..markets were imploding and out of now where comes Bostic who is a non voting member and the markets rip.

It just goes to show you we don’t know anything. Just don’t make medium to long term bets is all I’m saying. Take it one day at a time.

I haven’t tried selling ITM -CC, can you share how that works and what your intention is with a 180 strike? Would love to learn more.

Not counting on either, but I say: when default occurs = huge black swan (on top of super-sticky inflation (as you heard Powell predict again and again and again))
Wait … you are trying to add credibility to your “debt ceiling default” by linking that to sticky inflation. Entirely different things.

BTW, if you see my past posts, you will realize SP falling is actually to my advantage right now. I let my ITM calls execute at 182.5 for tax loss harvesting.