Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a great March and April recouping losses from last year, this month was completely off rhythm for me.
This is not a normal chart. Mega cap stocks are not supposed to act like this, but we have Elon. I love TSLA, but I hate that other people also love trading TSLA which can turn it into a circus at the drop of a hat. I got almost everything right up until the green box but then the red box happened and it got just so bizarre so quickly. To tell the truth, I still haven't quite figured out how to count it.
1684880667798.png

One would expect that the markets will reverse once the debt-ceiling is resolved, so I'm waiting until then to write against them
That makes sense - but if the hostage situation continues and Biden decides to call the bluff and use Amendment 14 - we enter an unchartered territory.

Anyway, this is what WickedStocks thinks.

1684941357322.png

1684941389507.png

My best read atm is a rare expanding leading diagonal. This pattern tends to retrace deeply to the bottom of wave 2, plus the 78% level is typical. Timeframe 3 weeks. From here I'm looking for a bounce to 185 first.
View attachment 940676

Thanks.

So to clarify, $186 first, then $160 area, then heading back to $192 area by mid-June.

This seems to imply at $185-$186 ideal to STO a bunch -C200 for 6/15, ride it down and BTC at $160 area. Is this something you would do, something different?

Last edited:
Thanks.

So to clarify, $186 first, then $160 area, then heading back to $192 area by mid-June.

This seems to imply at $185-$186 ideal to STO a bunch -C200 for 6/15, ride it down and BTC at $160 area. Is this something you would do, or something else?
The white arrow is intended to show the general direction. No timing or specific levels STO calls at 185 looks like a good plan.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Since it is perfectly legal, why shouldn’t all the Dems and Repubs go short the market and then cover just before they announce the agreement but after the markets get trashed?

We could have at least another week of this nonsense and I would think Tuesday would be real ugly if they allow for nasty news flow over the holiday.

At highs today I slowly started building a short position by selling some covered calls on shares I actually own at a CB I'm okay with them going, at DTE less likely to happen.

My plan is to add more on strength (if we get the chance) and BTC at newer lows in the $170's or lower if we get there.

If there's some run-away train zooming TSLA higher then I'll just BTC with a manual SL before it goes too much against me (or let them run).

PS I've learnt never to STO everything against each lot at once but to start with a few and ladder in, since the SP can go higher and I can get better prices. If I'm wrong, then less gains, but I can still hop on the downward train for less money and still capture some gains.

1684952977611.png

Typo? -p165 —> -p162.5 ???

No typo. Rolled up from p165 this week to p172.5 next week. BTC was $0.11, STO was $1.83.

I’m trying to keep the SP in sight with my strikes, otherwise the premiums are even more terrible than they are now. I don’t want to get too close, but it’s not the end of the world if during a correction they temporarily go ITM. It’s happened before.